Talk

Advanced search

I need to look amaaaaaazing! Help!

(10 Posts)
SeriousSocks Wed 26-Apr-17 20:59:07

I am going to a big wedding. It's the first time DH and I will have left the baby with anyone and we intend to let our hair down.

I haven't worn a dress and make up since I got pregnant and I want to blow my husband away.....but how??

I need to look fabulous and amazing and sexy but I've spent the last two years in leggings and jeans.....has anyone spotted anything fabulous recently? The wedding is in six weeks so need to get cracking.

I'm 5'5", size 8/10 with curves and a waist, quite hourglass but slim with it.

So MNers, anyone seen anything really good??

KizzyKat91 Wed 26-Apr-17 21:10:04

Size 12 hourglass here and I've just bought this dress to wear to a wedding and cocktail party:

uk.monsoon.co.uk/view/product/uk_catalog/mon_40.18/2417533408

My mum forced me to try it on in the shop (as I don't usually "do" ruffles), and I was amazed! Seriously va va voom and looks much better on than on the hanger.

Can wear a normal bra with it as well due to the thick straps and its knee length so no worries about wobbly thighs!

lalalonglegs Wed 26-Apr-17 21:43:25

I don't go a bundle for "wedding" outfits so I'd choose something smart but slightly edgy like this from Finery or I love this from Cos although completely the wrong colour for me (there are loads of great dresses in Cos if you want to emphasise your waist).

But, if it were down to me, I'd probably wear a jumpsuit like this one from Whistles smile.

SeriousSocks Wed 26-Apr-17 21:53:24

Love vavavoom. That's my word for the week. Definitely need normal bra.

That Aintree one is interesting. I'd usually go much more fitted or structured. Can't wear beige/yellow/lilac as my skin turns yellow, although I would love to wear that jumpsuit all summer.

I tend not to be able to wear high necklines as my boobs are too big and I end up with the 'shelf'. Although I don't show my cleavage much either these days hmm

Kat, I'll have to try something with this current trend of shoulders out with straps over as well. Have no idea what it would look like. I may need to physically enter a shop....

Bluntness100 Wed 26-Apr-17 22:03:22

If it was me I'd totally wear this with nude sandals, and although I'm no style follower of hers, holly willoughby wore this and she is curvy and totally carried it off. I think sexy doesn't need to be in your face, it can be figure hugging and elegant. Men tend to like that.,.

www.tedbaker.com/uk/Womens/Clothing/Dresses/LAYLI-Gem-Gardens-bodycon-dress-Ivory/p/134011-IVORY?plpSlots=1

lalalonglegs Wed 26-Apr-17 22:04:31

How about this bold print jumpsuit from Zara? I think it would look great with a chunky, clog-like shoe.

calzone Wed 26-Apr-17 22:11:48

Get yourself a new bra.

Will do wonders for you.

Also book a hair appointment, eyebrow wax and nails.
You will feel so much better.

SeriousSocks Wed 26-Apr-17 22:20:20

Ted one is interesting if HW wore it, wouldn't have guessed it could do serious curves from the pics, it's lovely.

Calzone I definitely need a new bra now I've finished feeding. Had my eyebrows threaded last week but they seem to have all grown back en masse this week so feeling worse! And need to sort feet out. Feet are not fit for human company. Good tips. Haven't shaved legs for a thousand years. DH might appreciate that!

SeriousSocks Wed 26-Apr-17 22:21:21

Lala I am buying that Zara jumpsuit, wedding or no wedding, love it! Will be a summer staple. And I have holidays in May, perfect!

lalalonglegs Wed 26-Apr-17 22:27:09

<bows> my work here is done.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now