Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Hair regrowth ... 2.5 years post-partum?

(5 Posts)
INXS Wed 26-Apr-17 12:32:26

When I had DC, sooooo much of my hair fell out at about 3 months. By the time it started to fall out, the regrowth was already coming through. But there was an awkward period where I had that haze of short hairs all over my head.

Now DC is 2.5... and it seems to be happening again. My hair isn't falling out, but I seem to have a new crop of short hair. It looks awful when I try to wear a ponytail. I'm glad my hair will be even thicker, but can't understand why this is happening now... is it to do with giving up breastfeeding (about 6 months ago)?

Did this happen to anyone else?

INXS Wed 26-Apr-17 14:16:13

Anyone?

Hullabaloo31 Wed 26-Apr-17 14:20:29

I didn't get very many of the post-partum changes at all, until I gave up breastfeeding. So I'd say yes, it seems to put it all off!

LikeaSnowflake Wed 26-Apr-17 17:09:18

Happened to me at about 4 months pp after I stopped breastfeeding.

DD is now 18months but I am due second DC in 4 weeks so I expect that I will have another round of losing hair too.

I hated the short bits as they grew back. Could possibly due to stopping breastfeeding for you. I sympathise 💐

INXS Wed 26-Apr-17 22:01:09

Eurgh. Fiddlesticks. I have another on the way, so my poor hair will probably never be the same...

Damn you, short hairs! I look so crap right now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now