Talk

Advanced search

Chantecaille skincare?

(6 Posts)
MythicalChicken Wed 26-Apr-17 06:27:11

Hi, does anybody use Chantecaille? I am particularly interested in products for dry, aging skin. If anybody has any feedback or recommendations, I would be really grateful.

Thanks.

LadyLapsang Wed 26-Apr-17 07:24:47

Hi, I use the tinted moisturiser and it is very good. It is quite expensive but it is a 50ml tube, so much of the competitors come in only 25-30ml. I was also been given a small pot of the Rose de Mai day cream which smells divine and is light and lovely but costs £175 for the normal size which is more than I would be willing to pay.

MythicalChicken Thu 27-Apr-17 07:08:07

Thanks LadyLapsang, I will try the tinted moisturizer.

Just a question, if anybody knows the answer... if you have old, dry skin, is it better to choose skincare for 'Anti Aging' or 'Moisturizing'?

Thanks.

LadyLapsang Thu 27-Apr-17 07:37:14

I would suggest you layer a serum under your moisturiser for day - I am using the Dr Sebagh serum repair - included with the Liberty advent calendar, but £69 - however I would not pay that much (can you sense a theme of penny pinching here )- I am going to try The Ordinary when this is finished, the prices are really low and they have good reviews. I like oils for night time. When I am spending my own money I like La Roche Posay. I am also hopeful for the mumsnet / Liz Earle competition to try her day cream as she has lovely skin.

MythicalChicken Thu 27-Apr-17 07:38:26

That's a good idea about the serum.

I am happy to pay the money, the main criteria for me is that the products are cruelty-free.

StripeyZazie Thu 27-Apr-17 11:56:06

If you're looking for premium cruelty-free skincare, Chantecaille is good.

There is a bit of a gap at the premium end of the market for cruelty-free things.

Tara Harper is also good at that end of the market- good blend or organic and tech, and cruelty free.

Have just discovered Esse and have tried a few of their things, with good results. Particularly the microderm exfoliator.

Juice Beauty has some good things too.

Love Lula, Content Beauty and Naturissimo are good places to discover cruelty-free brands. Also offer either the ability to buy samples or offer a choice of free samples with purchase.

Love Lula only stocks cruelty free products, but they do include brands who are cruelty free but owned by a parent company that tests.

Naturisimo is all cruelty-free, but I can't find out what their definition of cruelty-free is, so I do a bit of extra digging myself to double check, as I don't buy from companies owned by parent companies who test or companies that sell on mainland China.

Content Beauty are all cruelty-free, in that they don't stock brands that test, or instruct others to test on their behalf. They also clearly Mark any products that are part of a certified cruelty-free scheme.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now