Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Please help me sort my skin out

(8 Posts)
Hueandcry Tue 25-Apr-17 20:06:21

Im 49 & im lucky to have always had good skin. In the last 6 months it's gone really really dry with lots of spots around my nose & mouth. Im really low on budget so can't afford to waste money but would pay for something that works. I thought my starting point would be a facial but they're soooooo expensive. Im on hrt so not sure if that's affecting my skin or if it's hormonal? Any advice appreciated

Hueandcry Wed 26-Apr-17 11:30:23

Anyone? Going to town today & would like to get something

Squaddielife Wed 26-Apr-17 12:36:23

Hi
Pop into M&S and have a look at the Pixie range... a lot of my friends swear by Pixie Glow

EleanorRigbysNeice Wed 26-Apr-17 13:25:30

Could it be stress/dietary/lifestyle related? Do you drink enough and get enough fruit 'n veg? My skin goes to pot when I don't (and have a few too many 🍷🍕🥂. Just a thought.

Facials tend to be cosmetic and short lived unless you can afford to do weekly and use the accompanying products (I can't). I'd say see your GP and go back to basics (as above). I am using something called Dermol 500 Lotion as a wash off cleanser (from GP) and it's sorted my skin out nicely.

Teaandchocolate92 Wed 26-Apr-17 13:47:19

I have pcos that causes bad acne. I use clinique anti blemish foundation. It treats the spots and helps get rid. So I don't feel too bad when I forget to take it off.

Its the only thing I've found that doesn't make my skin worse and really sore. It's not too expensive and lasts ages. I got 1 bottle in September and only just ran out and I use it almost everyday.

Hope this helps smile

MadameSimoneSartre Wed 26-Apr-17 13:49:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Hueandcry Wed 26-Apr-17 20:25:00

Popped into m&s & tried the pixi glow tonic. Expensive for me but have just used it & my skin feels lovely & soft & not dry & tight at all smile Have also booked a facial at the local college for much cheapness.

TrulyFubar Wed 26-Apr-17 20:43:32

Check out The Ordinary range on Victoria Health. It's very scientific, results-driven and cheap as chips. I'm 50 and it's blown me away how effective it is! I'd recommend Buffet serum for starters (it's not the cheapest). I think they have products for every conceivable skin issue.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: