Talk

Advanced search

Hairdresser in Edinburgh

(13 Posts)
Arkengarthdale Tue 25-Apr-17 20:03:20

Hi all

Can anyone recommend a good hairdresser and colourist in Edinburgh please? I have long, curly, very fine, coloured hair so need someone who can deal with all the above!

Willing to pay but not ridiculous amounts (went to the one on Frederick Street that isn't Charlie Miller and it cost me £170! I nearly died! And the stylist barely spoke to me, rude. Will never go back)

Thanks in advance

Arkengarthdale Wed 26-Apr-17 13:20:19

Anyone?

Sillyshell Wed 26-Apr-17 13:22:29

Hi, not sure where abouts in Edinburgh you are but I go to Myles on Dalry Road which is near Haymarket Station.

Cut and blow dry is around £35/40, havent had a colour done there (I do my own smile but have been using them for about a year and have no complaints

Teddy6767 Wed 26-Apr-17 13:26:11

Gordon wilsons in Newington is fab. Very nice hairdressers who are all highly trained. Not cheap but not expensive either, just middle of the road sort of prices. Definitely my favourite salon in Edinburgh and they also do some beauty treatments too

Arkengarthdale Wed 26-Apr-17 13:33:39

Ah thanks both. Thing about the Burgh is it's a doddle to get anywhere so Newington and Dalry both doable from Stockbridge where I stay

EightFiftySix Wed 26-Apr-17 13:36:34

Ishi in Marchmont is brilliant.
www.ishisalon.co.uk

Jo is truly wonderful.

HamletsSister Wed 26-Apr-17 13:37:36

I go to CK Hair in Albany Street - very good. Get Charlie himself if you can. They do a cheaper deal on a Monday, which is worth getting.

Arkengarthdale Wed 26-Apr-17 13:49:13

Brilliant! Thanks again. Nobody recommending Cheynes, Charlie Miller or Brian Drumm?

BurningViolin Wed 26-Apr-17 14:42:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Arkengarthdale Wed 26-Apr-17 14:56:46

I used to go to Cheynes a hundred years ago but I've heard they don't have the best reputation now. I did call into the George Street one to speak to someone but left after 20 minutes of waiting

midsomermurderess Wed 26-Apr-17 15:25:38

I sometimes go to Kim McGregor in Raeburn Place. www.kimmcgregor.co.uk/.

Girlwiththearabstrap Wed 26-Apr-17 17:35:12

I like Austen Thomson in Leith. Christy does my cut and colour and she's great.

dailystuck71 Wed 26-Apr-17 19:04:01

Ian at Charlie Miller south st Andrew street. Amazing, amazing haircuts I've had from him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now