Talk

Advanced search

Need a bra with super uplift. Any recommendations?

(17 Posts)
Pinkkahori Tue 25-Apr-17 13:40:19

I have a beautiful dress for a special occasion but my rubbish bras are ruining the look of it. Saggyness just isn't cutting it. I need to hike 'em high grin
I am a 36FF, very soft and unfortunately rather droopy boobs these days.
I know balcony style are often recommended but dress has quite a high neckline so I would prefer full cup.
I can't wear moulded cups at all - slight size discrepancy means I can't get both sides fitting well.
Black preferred.
Quite a specific list of requirements but hopefully someone can recommend me some gems.
Thanks

Tartle Tue 25-Apr-17 13:43:00

First thing I'd do is check your bra size is right.

What sort of material is the dress. Will it show seams through?

IndigoMediumBleuAzureHowSure Tue 25-Apr-17 13:45:33

Elomi bras are great - satiny non- stretch cups that can provide full coverage and good support. I hate sag and I wear them.

Pinkkahori Tue 25-Apr-17 13:48:26

Fairly sure my bra size is right. Did the sizing according to the bra intervention thread. Had previously been wearing 40E according to M&S sizing. Those bras are laughable on me now - I could fit a small child under the band with me!
My current sad bra situation is mostly due to my bras being old and well worn. Keep meaning to replace but just haven't got to it.
Seams won't show through the dress - it has an underlayer and then sort of crochet lace on top.

Pinkkahori Tue 25-Apr-17 13:50:24

this dress

KatharinaRosalie Tue 25-Apr-17 14:04:22

Curvy kate bras have a very nice uplift. It's a lovely dress but can be flattening, so go for smoething padded for more support

bingohandjob Tue 25-Apr-17 17:28:25

Bravissimo Satine - I was very wary as it's lightly padded and do not need my norks padded but it's SUPER flattering and really comfortable to wear and gives a great shape. I went in for a fitting and she recommended it to me immediately - she was bang on.

marriednotdead Tue 25-Apr-17 21:15:55

I'd suggest Fantasie Smoothing balconette and Cleo Marcie for a really good lift- the cups are very short so the lift is quite high.

OlennasWimple Tue 25-Apr-17 21:30:47

Wonderbras do hoik you up

I prefer plunge bras to balconette style to get lift without a monoboob

This Rosie for M&S bra is my current favourite: really comfortable, and gives a great shape

Pinkkahori Thu 27-Apr-17 17:20:58

Thanks for the recommendations. I think the Satine and the Marcie are my best bets.

SirVixofVixHall Thu 27-Apr-17 18:40:13

Ewa Michalak. You will never go back. You can also wear their padded bras as they come with removable pads to correct asymetry. www.ewa-michalak.pl/eng_m_BRAS_S-Padded-Balconette-Bras-146.html

BurningViolin Thu 27-Apr-17 18:41:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SirVixofVixHall Thu 27-Apr-17 18:42:29

Satine doesn't fit me, too flat at the bottom. Marcie is pretty but I find it uncomfortable. Really, try a Ewa.

Pinkkahori Thu 27-Apr-17 21:55:17

With a higher neckline dress like the one I have is there a risk of a 4-boob effect with a balcony style or half cup?

SirVixofVixHall Thu 27-Apr-17 22:12:05

Not if the bra is the right size and shape.style for your shape- depends on whether you are full on stop or not. There is a slight size difference between styles in Ewa M and any brand. The BM in Ewa is the most generous in the cup I think, that isn't padded but it gives good uplift. They do a SF style that isn't padded, fits like the BM, but has a more rigid lower section to the cup, I want to try that as I prefer unpadded bras. I do have the padded styles though, apart from the plunge which I haven't tried but gives amazing cleavage apparently.

PickAChew Thu 27-Apr-17 22:21:14

No quadboob with a well fitting balconette. A lot of bras that claim to be balconette are barely distinguishable from a full cup, anyhow and there's a risk, if your boobs are the spaniel ears type like mine and many others of anyone over 25 who has had kids, that a full cup would have excess fabric that you couldn't fill which might show through.

If it's a very special dress, any chance that you can get to a good bra fitter's like rigby and peller, or even to a bravissimo, who can at least confirm your size and might be able to help you find a good shape for you.

I can vouch for the uplift with some curvy kate bras, btw - some of them give my own spaniel ears a lovely round mound shape, while everything else that fits comfortably has a bit of a torpedo effect.

BurningViolin Thu 27-Apr-17 22:42:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now