Talk

Advanced search

Bollywood party - what to wear

(4 Posts)
FrangiePangie Tue 25-Apr-17 05:57:03

I have been invited to a 40th birthday party this summer that is Bollywood themed. It is going to be a big bash and probably quite glamorous, knowing the hosts. I haven't got a clue what to wear. I haven't got anything in my current wardrobe that would fit the theme at all. I want to buy something that isn't a full on sari because I'd like to be able to wear it again so I'm looking for an evening dress that has a nod to India. Nothing too bright, and I'm a short size 12.

Amrapaali Tue 25-Apr-17 06:20:22

Monsoon have some lovely dresses that can see you over for a few seasons not just this party. Yes I agree with you don't go Bollywood or sari Indian.

A few lovely sequins or bold splashes of colour (You can pass it off as Holi colours) will do wonders. Accessories are your friend. Head pieces, lovely earrings even elegant henna on your hands and you are all set! Have fun...

Whiterabbitears Tue 25-Apr-17 13:48:32

A sequinned shawl, sparkly sandals, lots of bangles and maybe a bindi from Claire's, or somewhere similar. Henna on your hands would be nice. Outfit maybe a long swishy skirt in a bright colour. Definitely no neutrals or black.

Fishface77 Tue 25-Apr-17 16:22:39

Where are you op?
I might be able to lend you something

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now