We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Handbag inspiration required

(5 Posts)
Hulder Mon 24-Apr-17 19:50:52

Please can you inspire me for a handbag that I can carry my asthma kit (and other emergency supplies in?)

Am currently sat at home feeling sorry for myself with my asthma and realising that one of the reasons my asthma is so badly controlled is the hassle of carrying the sodding inhaler and spacer around. They are always, at home, in the car, in my other bag, actually in my bag but at the bottom covered in God knows what...

So what I am looking for is a nice stylish bag (or probably more than one), that doesn't cost very much, that I can take with me everywhere to fit inhaler, spare inhaler, spacer, phone, some packets of meds and portable phone charger.

Idea being I will stop behaving like an idiot and being caught without my inhaler and with a flat phone but can carry bag arround with me on the wards at work yes I am a doctor blush, on holiday, etc etc.

So far, not sure where to look.

BusterGonad Mon 24-Apr-17 22:08:04

I bought this one today from Oasis, it fits under the arm easily and it's huge, it's also got a smaller bag inside which you can remove, so you can keep your bits safe but also have plenty of space for other bits. I'm thinking lunch box, magazine, make up bag! grin

bojorojo Mon 24-Apr-17 23:31:34

You cannot go wrong with Zara for an everyday bag. Obviously non leather is cheaper but most of their bags are stylish. If you wanted to spend a bit more, their grown up sister, Massimo Dutti have first class bags and &OtherStories is worth a look too. Last two are less mainstream than Zara. If you can afford more, Russell and Bromley. Spending a bit more means the bag should last longer and still look good.

Hulder Tue 25-Apr-17 09:05:57

Thank-you - two shops I never go in!

Love the idea of bag within a bag too.

BusterGonad Tue 25-Apr-17 09:22:45

It's like a smaller tan bag with a strap, so if you were at work you could just grab the smaller bag if you were popping out for a sandwich or something.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now