Talk

Advanced search

Wedding guest outfit advice needed

(4 Posts)
FurryFox Mon 24-Apr-17 17:48:13

I'm going to a wedding the first weekend of June, I don't wear dresses or skirts, hate my legs, and my arms, tummy and face for that matter.

I'm a size 16/18 on top and bottom. I was thinking of wide leg trousers, I only ever wear dark colours so I was thinking of navy trousers, maybe a pastel coloured top and a smart blazer.

I am having trouble finding any trousers though and I have no idea on what style top. Would prefer the tops of my arms covered, nothing too low cut as have a large bust, don't want anything tight, I just have no idea really.

I haven't been to a wedding for about 9 years and don't really have a need to dress up so I'm really struggling, any help would be much appreciated, the stress of looking for something is driving me crazy.

user1493053031 Mon 24-Apr-17 18:13:46

I think what you have in mind is quite smart. I can think of linen blazer in navy, a silk or polyester cami underneath so that it is not clingy and flows nicely, and on the bottom trousers or a flow-y maxi skirt? H&M has nice ones.

www.zara.com/uk/en/woman/tops/view-all/contrasting-embroidered-top-c719021p4673003.html
www2.hm.com/en_gb/productpage.0449356001.html#Plum
Or if you are going to the beach:
www.obsessory.com/blog/outfit-ideas-tropical-destination-beach-wedding

www.jigsaw-online.com/product/portofino-linen-jacket/J33041_GY068

Pippin8 Mon 24-Apr-17 18:37:59

How about a navy jumpsuit with heels & nice accessories?

I saw a woman on tv today who said she was an 18, she was wearing similar & she looked fab.

BreatheDeep Mon 24-Apr-17 19:24:05

How about some culottes? There's a lot about at the moment and they can be pretty. Would you wear a floral or patterned pair of trousers?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now