We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Cheap and cheerful perfume for everyday

(24 Posts)
fadingfast Mon 24-Apr-17 14:31:05

Currently wearing SJP Lovely, which I like a lot. Prior to that, Paul Smith Rose.

Looking for something new to wear over the summer, fresh and clean smelling but preferably reasonably cheap.

Had a sniff of a few Zara perfumes today, some of which I really liked and they were amazingly cheap. I have quite a sensitive nose though, which gets easily confused after smelling two or three different perfumes so find it very difficult to pick a new one confused

Can anyone recommend any particular Zara perfumes, or have any other suggestions for a cheap and cheerful perfume?

MusicToMyEars800 Mon 24-Apr-17 14:33:25

amor amor is lovely, and I like all the Britney spears ones, if you like the SJP one have you tried Kylie Minogue Darling? it's nice and not overpowering.

LadyPenelopeCantDance Mon 24-Apr-17 14:35:04

I like the other SJP one NYC too. It is very sweet though so not to everyone's taste!

mumgointhroughtorture Mon 24-Apr-17 14:36:27

A lot of people like the pink next one which is cheap.

treaclesoda Mon 24-Apr-17 14:36:32

Zara Rose is lovely.

ppeatfruit Mon 24-Apr-17 14:41:06

If you go into a good Health Food independent shop you'll find essential oils in little bottles and almond oil in larger bottles. Choose an oil you like the sound of ; mint, lavender , rose or whatever, then you can try making your own, it's dead cheap because you only use one drop of the perfumed oil to 5mls. of the 'carrier' (almond) oil. So they last for ages and you cn change them when you want to.

I only use these because I find the normal perfumes are either too strong or too expensive grin .

ProudBadMum Mon 24-Apr-17 14:42:39

I use Vera Wang Princess for work and day to day.

Ghost Girl smells summery

SucklingDuckling Mon 24-Apr-17 14:45:52

Next Just Pink and DKNY (not sure of the actual name but it's the pink apple one! THINK its called Be Delicious) are my go-to fruity and fresh every day perfumes - always get complimented on smelling nice too! smile

AllThreeWays Mon 24-Apr-17 14:50:24

An oldie but a goodie, Elizabeth arden green tea. It's .ignt fresh and summery

AllThreeWays Mon 24-Apr-17 14:50:51

^light

mrsrhodgilbert Mon 24-Apr-17 16:11:05

Clarins Eau des Jardins, very light and summery.

vintagechick43 Mon 24-Apr-17 16:16:15

Elizabeth Arden beauty it's in a red bottle and only £10, smells lovely and fresh and lasts all day.

Meeshel29 Mon 24-Apr-17 16:26:31

Next Pink!

Bananajam Mon 24-Apr-17 16:45:42

Another vote for the Next perfumes, they're all dupes for designer fragrances, if you Google search you can get the list. I buy in the sales and have several different ones that are perfect for every day, they last well too.

fadingfast Mon 24-Apr-17 16:47:22

Thanks very much for all your suggestions, lots to seek out! Will give Next Pink a go and I also like the sound of the Elizabeth Arden ones.

NewPantsforaNewYear Mon 24-Apr-17 17:10:01

Yves Rocher Rose Fraiche is lovely and cheap. I bought it after a recommendation on here a few years ago and it's now one I wear often.

Cherrypie32 Mon 24-Apr-17 17:11:05

M&S Rosie Autograph is nice and Island Escape

OverByYer Mon 24-Apr-17 17:14:37

M&S island escape, lovely for Summer.
Like Hawaiian tropic sun cream

Uptownfuckuup Mon 24-Apr-17 17:46:29

Zara oriental
Zara gold

JemimaMuddledUp Mon 24-Apr-17 17:50:45

I wear SJP Lovely too, but have just bought M&S Butterfly Garden as I thought it was nice for summer.

Leatherboundanddown Mon 24-Apr-17 17:53:56

Just buy all your fave perfumes from perfume parlour! Exact copies. I have always wanted the Tom Ford ones and Jo Malone. They all smell exactly the same for a few pounds.

MrsBosh Mon 24-Apr-17 17:57:19

I had the Next Pink a couple of years ago. Now bought a New Look one (Blush) which to me smells like Miss Dior Cherie. Chanel for weekends and evenings though.

user1493053031 Mon 24-Apr-17 18:05:39

I like Clinique Happy, and Victoria Secret Angel something

marmiteloversunite Mon 24-Apr-17 18:54:06

Elizabeth Arden has a new perfume called White Tea. Tried it the other day. Really nice and light for summer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now