Talk

Advanced search

This skirt for wedding guest?

(17 Posts)
Screamer1 Mon 24-Apr-17 13:45:40

Ok please ignore the horrific styling on the model. I tried this skirt on in the shop and it's a nice shape.
Do you think i could wear it as a wedding guest and if so with what type of top? I'm terrible at accessorising.

www.cosstores.com/gb/Women/Skirts/Flared_mid-length_skirt/7086-66111958.1#c-281794#Rel?PC=

A1Sharon Mon 24-Apr-17 13:50:09

It's lovely! Pastels go with pastels-a lavender coloured top? Pale mint green or pale yellow shoes?
I do like colour though, as opposed to matchy matchy.

Bluntness100 Mon 24-Apr-17 13:52:22

Sorry I think it looks like something little bo peep would wear. But I guess with high nude sandals and a pale grey or white fitted top it could work, but you'd need to be very slim and tall to have a chance of pulling it off.

Screamer1 Mon 24-Apr-17 14:03:18

Hmmm bo peep was not the look i was going for. I'm 5.7 size 10 if that helps. But I really think it needs to be worn with right top /shoes or could be rank.

Sheusedtobesomeonelse Mon 24-Apr-17 14:33:30

I like it, but i think it really needs high heels and a decent quality top to pull it off - i'm also assuming you're not pasty white - it would look great with a tan!

IHaveBrilloHair Mon 24-Apr-17 14:36:37

I think k it's really Bland and boring, not offensive in anyway though

Bluntness100 Mon 24-Apr-17 14:36:58

It needs to be a close fitting top and high heels. I think it's the colour also that's hard to dress, cream or nude top could work well.

Would be more little bo peep if it was in pale blue,,😝

xStefx Mon 24-Apr-17 14:39:14

don't like it , but then we all have our own styles x

sadie9 Mon 24-Apr-17 14:44:59

If you had a great tight fitting top in a more vibrant colour and some fabulous heels it would be okay-ish.
On its own it's a fairly harmless kind of peach coloured skirt, very unremarkable.
Unless you dress it up monumentally, it will look like something you would wear to work everyday.

sadie9 Mon 24-Apr-17 14:46:35

Forgot to say, how crushable is it? It could look very crumpled round the bum after a sit down. And not sure how easy it would be to iron that stitched part.

Screamer1 Mon 24-Apr-17 14:50:19

All excellent points thank you! I think that's my worry - that it needs to be dressed up so much that it's just going to be too much hard work, particularly since I'm so bad at accessorising.

My fashion mojo has taken such a dive since having kids.

Bluntness100 Mon 24-Apr-17 14:51:31

Cos doing some shOckingly bad clothes, I mean WTAF is this?

Semaphorically Mon 24-Apr-17 14:52:41

I really like it. Difficult to style though.

Screamer1 Mon 24-Apr-17 14:52:46

I think everywhere had bad clothes at the moment. Desperately trying to find nice dresses and they're a all so prissy.

Bluntness100 Mon 24-Apr-17 14:58:11

If you like cos and that skirt what about this it's one of their dresses on their website, you'd just need a pair of nude heels and a little cardigan or something,

thedevilinablackdress Mon 24-Apr-17 15:24:12

Lovely skirt, if that white shirt was tucked in it would look a million times better. I'd go for a silk shirt and flat sparkly shoes

BusterGonad Mon 24-Apr-17 15:29:14

I like the style of skirt but only patterned or textured. Plan cotton looks a bit blah imo, I think it's suppose to be a bit glamorous. I'm not sure I linked to the right skirt though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now