Talk

Advanced search

Where can I buy non-skinny jeans please?

(6 Posts)
mumblechum0 Mon 24-Apr-17 12:33:35

I normally wear straight leg jeans from M&Co, Asda, Tu etc (I'm dead classy me), but the other day I trailed round about 10 shops looking for jeans which are:

straight
cream/stone
lightweight (so not necessarily jeans but that shape in a lighter fabric iykwim).
Not anklegrazers.

Finally found what looked ok in M&Co, get them home and they're bloody skinny jeans.

I just look stupid in them, I have chunky legs (am size 12, 5 foot 4), they make me look shorter and fatter than I actually am, and are stupid ankle grazers as well. And the knees are all wrinkly.

Any ideas? I know I'm an old lady (54), but even the old lady staple shops like M&Co and M&S have apparently ditched normal looking jeans.

TomaytoTomahto Mon 24-Apr-17 12:35:54

Assuming you're looking for something around your usual budge, Levi's perhaps? Gap has some regular straight cut jeans too last I've been there.

TomaytoTomahto Mon 24-Apr-17 12:36:06

*budget

WindwardCircle Mon 24-Apr-17 12:39:52

I know they are aren't loved on here, but M and S have things like straight legged chinos in at the moment.

mumblechum0 Mon 24-Apr-17 12:42:39

Thanks both, I'll have a mosey online at Gap & M&S (nothing in store in M&S the other day).

And yes, Levis would be a good idea, presumably they arent quite the slaves to fashion the other lot are.

Am I the only one who thinks we'll all look back at everyone wearing skinny jeans, regardless of body shape, in 10 years, and cringe grin

Theycalledmethewildrose Mon 24-Apr-17 15:19:31

I often look at people wearing skinny jeans and think they are so unflattering on everybody who is more than a size 8. But.... I wear them myself and I am a 12 because they are so easy to wear - no wet leg ends, look ok with flats/trainers. I agree straight jeans look better though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now