Talk

Advanced search

joules "harbour" tops

(28 Posts)
greenroofedhouse Sun 23-Apr-17 21:45:17

I need a very simple wardrobe as a sahp and i wash my clothes often due to snot/cream cheese/ cleaning the house daily etc.

I have one of these already and love the shape and weight of the top but i'm not sure about the name sewn onto the neck.

any thoughts on these style of tops? are they too branded? do people care?

WanderingTrolley1 Sun 23-Apr-17 21:57:14

The harbour tops are a nice quality. The logo to the back is naff, though, unfortunately. I usually wear them with a scarf.

TessTube Sun 23-Apr-17 22:16:16

Sea salt ones are nice and don't have the logo.

I've got a few Joules ones though as they are nice quality - I don't like the logo though.

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Sun 23-Apr-17 22:54:18

I've got a few of the Joules ones but I've got long hair so I don't notice the logo. I think it's on the arm as well. The seasalt ones are lovely too but ever so slightly thinner fabric and more expensive, unless you can get the two for £40 offer.

CrazyPrepared Sun 23-Apr-17 23:02:16

I have been looking at these after seeing them recommend on here, can anyone tell me if the material is thicker than the breton tops from Boden?

TessTube Sun 23-Apr-17 23:03:38

Yes they are very thick, much thicker than Boden ones.

Sea salt are in the middle I got one randomly for 8 quid in John Lewis sales and it's washed beautifully.

CrazyPrepared Sun 23-Apr-17 23:07:37

Perfect thankyou, that's what I was hoping someone would come along and say, now to decide which colour.

MyOtherDogIsAPorsche Mon 24-Apr-17 11:42:01

Uniqlo ones are great quality and wash well, though slightly short in the body for me at 5'9".

BikeRunSki Mon 24-Apr-17 11:43:45

Actual Breton shirts from sailing shops are even better.

BikeRunSki Mon 24-Apr-17 11:45:11

These are awesome

blueskyinmarch Mon 24-Apr-17 11:45:37

I have two that i wear constantly. I don’t think i have ever given the logo on the back even as much as a passing thought. Why would anyone care about this?

AlfaMummy Mon 24-Apr-17 11:55:50

I have loads of Joules tops - I live in them. Perfect with skinnies and a nice coat or jacket. Good for around the house and also out and about. I don't mind the logo as I think it's quite nice (as far as branding on clothes goes).

User2468 Mon 24-Apr-17 11:57:16

I bought a cheap one in Gap the other day for about £14, am yet to wash or wear it!

Last I looked Joules were all 3/4 sleeves confused

VintagePerfumista Mon 24-Apr-17 13:40:48

The Joules ones are amazing. They have an outlet on ebay where you can get them for about a tenner cheaper. I have the shocking pink fine stripe.
Boden are crapola quality.
Am awaiting a Seasalt order excitedly!

Sheusedtobesomeonelse Mon 24-Apr-17 14:02:46

I also second the Uniqlo ones - DD has one and the quality is quite surprising for the price.

I was in Decathlon at the weekend, in their sailing section they had a nice couple of stripy ones (it had the Tribord Decathlon make on the arm i think , but not overly visible), didn't have time to try on but will inspect closer next time - perhaps worth a look online?

AlfaMummy Mon 24-Apr-17 15:21:47

Joules tend to do the 3/4 length sleeves in the spring/summer, and full length in autum/winter. As PP says do check out their eBay store for deals and also the clearance section of their own website.

greenroofedhouse Mon 24-Apr-17 18:43:08

thanks for opinions! i like how thick the joules ones are and the shape holds after washing. thinking of trying the seasalt ones if they are on 2 for £40. where has that offer?

greenroofedhouse Mon 24-Apr-17 18:50:48

oh, ive googled. their own website has the offer.

Sunflower6 Mon 24-Apr-17 20:29:46

Can someone tell me how to find the joules outlet on eBay please

ChibiTotoro Mon 24-Apr-17 20:47:44

Fat Face do nice Breton stripe tops. The cotton feels really soft.

AlfaMummy Mon 24-Apr-17 20:48:47

Google 'Joules clothing outlet eBay'.

nicky2512 Mon 24-Apr-17 20:55:29

Ohhh Just googled - they are lovely! I need one. I'm 5'10 though and long of body - would they be too short for me?? Are they fairly true to size? Thank you

CrazyPrepared Mon 24-Apr-17 21:00:07

Im 5'10 with an abnormally long body are the Joules tops longish in length?

Ellapaella Mon 24-Apr-17 21:04:39

They are quite long and also I find them quite roomy so personally o size down in joules clothes, I have a harbour top, it's great quality (far better than Boden) and where I usually am a 10 I got an 8 which I think gives a nicer more fitted look.

MrsELM21 Mon 24-Apr-17 21:21:32

I have 5 of the Joules tops blush

They're lovely, really thick and wash really well, I'd highly recommend!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now