Talk

Advanced search

Job interview clothes

(7 Posts)
MrsAmaretto Sun 23-Apr-17 21:34:54

I've no idea what to wear as I haven't had a job interview in 15years! It's for a College (FE) lecturer post. Would black trousers and a smart top with heels and a black leather bag be okay?

Lecturers in this college range from jeans & tshirts to smart dressers or "work" trousers. I'm a size16

LexieLulu Sun 23-Apr-17 22:09:00

The one bit of advice I was given, was to wear a bit of colour. You don't want to be too plain Jane and not memorable. Good luck xx

bojorojo Mon 24-Apr-17 01:08:58

Black well cut trousers please. Cigarette pants? Long floppy ones - maybe not! Heels are great with cigarette pants. Classy top. Massimo Dutti have some great shirts at the moment. Look at Hobbs as well. If you go with a fairly plain top you can add colour with a necklace. I think a coloured or neutral bag would look good and not as 'black' as it would be a contrast to the trousers. It is good to feel confident at an interview. Hope it goes well.

highinthesky Mon 24-Apr-17 01:15:34

Dress a notch smarter above the institutional dress code.

purpleshortcake Mon 24-Apr-17 01:21:46

Ooo thanks for the tip about Massimiliano Dutton tops...might just need to order this turquoise blouse!! https://www.massimodutti.com/gb/women/shirts-%26-blouses/view-all/turquoise-silk-shirt-c911173p7745010.html?colorId=402

MrsAmaretto Mon 24-Apr-17 23:42:28

Thanks!

MrsChopper Mon 24-Apr-17 23:52:30

Whatever you end up wearing, remember to pick something comfortable and something you feel like yourself in iykwim. Otherwise on the day of the interview it may distract you. And don't go all 'plain jane'. Work some colour into your outfit. Good luck smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now