Talk

Advanced search

Best Option to cover up Fat Arms in the Summer?

(14 Posts)
Booper42 Sun 23-Apr-17 18:06:18

Hi,

I have recently started to wear dresses, but many of them are sleeveless - I desperately need to cover up my flabby fat arms but a cardigan is going to be too hot (will be in Spain) - are there any other options out there? Currently doing lots of weights to try and tone but in the meantime, I would be grateful for suggestions,

Thank you!

JonSnowsWhore Sun 23-Apr-17 18:30:51

You want cheap market 'cardigans' (what do you call them when they're not woolly!)

I've got a black one it's really thin & floaty but they come in all colours, you can pretty much see your hand through them but they still do a good job of covering your arms smile think same material as cheap primark leggings

CakeNinja Sun 23-Apr-17 19:10:03

I tell you what you don't need - umpteen amounts of people asking "ooh are you not hot in that?!" While you politely smile and say "oh no, I'm fine!" At the same time, thinking "yes I'm fucking baking obviously, it's 34 degrees but I was trying not to draw attention to my bingo wings and now you've just bloody done it anyway!!"
Can you tell I've been there?!
To be honest, I don't really have a 'summer wardrobe' here in the U.K., I wear the same clothes all year round, midlength sleeves on dresses with leggings. When I go on holiday though, I genuinely don't really care and just wear strapless sometimes. Sure, I probably look a bit tubby but I don't really care!
Hope you manage to find something.

habibihabibi Sun 23-Apr-17 19:36:53

Live in year round heat with 48c summers but have arms that could feed Africa plus are blotchy and moley.
I wear long sleeves most of the time even when exercising and rash vest tops when swimming.
I look for loose kimono style sleeves on dresses and keep quite cool.
I have even had sleeves stitched onto dresses by a tailor and own a few chiffon cardigan sleeve type things to wear under shorter sleeved items.
You might have guessed but I really hate my arms!!

imjessie Sun 23-Apr-17 19:44:39

Primark have great lightweight Cardis , all sorts of colours and patterns . I buy them smaller so they are just a cover up . I have horrible flabby arms despite not being that fat And I find cami straps kinder than t shirts which are too tight as it brings attention to them .

JonSnowsWhore Sun 23-Apr-17 19:47:14

Ha cake is so right there! Just leave me & my sweaty fat arms alone grin

Yes to the kaftan style tops, doubt anyone will question you in those

donkey86 Sun 23-Apr-17 19:51:12

I hate my fat arms. I mostly wear cardis (and, like CakeNinja, just pretend not to be overheating) but I have this www.marksandspencer.com/light-control-flocked-spotted-shaping-armwear-vest/p/p22476017? for wearing with smarter dresses - it goes underneath. It's kind of like wearing tights on your arms but quite thin fabric so it's not boilingly hot.

Booper42 Sun 23-Apr-17 21:18:03

Thank you everyone - glad I am not alone! Going to look in Primark tomorrow x

ShotsFired Sun 23-Apr-17 21:22:58

I like crochet cardis - look summery but hide the worst.

I have a couple of these off ebay which I wore on a tropical holiday just fine!

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201263826899?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

ShotsFired Sun 23-Apr-17 21:24:52

PS. i wear these with strapless shirred tops like this, which looks nice: www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Women-Ladies-Sheering-Shirred-Strapless-Elastic-Boobtube-Bandeau-Swing-Dress-Top-/371806616351?var=&hash=item569166bb1f:m:mY_4KTxOnhQjO1wOM6qllsQ

carrie74 Sun 23-Apr-17 22:41:32

I would go for loose cotton or linen shirts rolled up. Something like this: goo.gl/images/E3xXoh

TomaytoTomahto Mon 24-Apr-17 12:10:45

I think any kimono style cardigans would do the trick! Something like this, though perhaps in a beige/lighter grey colour? Will look great with shorts and a t-shirt IMO.

ShelaghTurner Mon 24-Apr-17 12:17:00

This isn't what you were asking but, don't. That's my advice. I'm a size 22 and a short arse and every damned summer I boiled myself alive in cardis and cover ups. Last year I rebelled and OMG the difference in my comfort levels!
And no one gave a toss.

Otherwise those little short knitted boleros were my staple. Even Asda do them.

toffeeboffin Mon 24-Apr-17 12:29:53

Those are lovely, shots, especially the turquoise.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now