Talk

Advanced search

Black clothes

(7 Posts)
LadyOfTheCanyon Sun 23-Apr-17 12:19:43

More specifically - how do you stop them getting covered in that sort of dusty fluff? They seem to be that way from the moment they come out of the washing machine. We have a cat whose fur does get everywhere, but even allowing for that, I have to run everything over with a clothes sticky roller thing.

I have rinsed the machine through several times. Am I missing out on a potential magical solution or does this happen to everyone? I see people in non fluffton black clothes all the time. So what's the knack?

BounceBounceSplishSplash Sun 23-Apr-17 16:21:11

I think it maybe depends on what material the item is made from? I have some black jeans that collect every bit of fluff going whereas some other black jeans don't and remain immaculate. The same with some tops. I haven't checked any labels though to see what the material could be. Just a theory but it is annoying.

MorelloKisses Sun 23-Apr-17 16:45:53

Tcertain fabrics are worse than others.

I once had a pair of skinnies on a S&B recommendation (maybe new look, not sure) that were unwearable

Not helpful, sorry

LadyOfTheCanyon Sun 23-Apr-17 17:00:23

The type of material had not occurred to me but I guess rougher fabrics would have more grip for fluff. <ponders a new wardrobe made from PVC>

BusterGonad Sun 23-Apr-17 17:57:32

I had some black cords once, never ever buy black cords! 😂

elQuintoConyo Sun 23-Apr-17 17:58:27

Wash inside out?

dudsville Sun 23-Apr-17 18:01:17

I keep a lint roller at home and at work. And I try to avoid wearing tops that molt over dark trousers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now