Talk

Advanced search

Cotton Sleeveless tops anywhere???

(8 Posts)
TheQuietOnes Sun 23-Apr-17 10:59:58

Hi

I'm looking for cotton sleeveless tops - not tshirt material. Has anyone seen any please? Looking for something cool for holidays. Thanks

Ulysses Sun 23-Apr-17 11:05:17

I'm wearing a sleeveless one from Gap that I bought recently. I though it was cotton but it's actually linen. I'm sure the had lots of others like that at the time though which are cotton.

Nettletheelf Sun 23-Apr-17 12:18:41

Mango have got some made of actual cotton (a rarity. I am sick of seeing rails full of bloody polyester and viscose). I just ordered this one:

shop.mango.com/GB/p0/woman/clothing/shirts/blouses/ruffled-cotton-top?id=83077506

I got a bit grumpy in Monsoon last week when I saw what looked like a nice sleeveless summer top in pale pink cotton. On closer inspection it was only 35% cotton and the rest was viscose. I crumpled it in my hand and it instantly looked like a dishrag. Do shops think that we're stupid? They wanted £35 for it...don't tell me that you couldn't make a top from 100% cotton at that price. Feels like they are taking the mick. Notice that men are never offered the same crap fabrics!

ZaZathecat Sun 23-Apr-17 18:51:44

Sainsburys are quite good for 100% cotton, e.g.
multi
or
white

Bejazzled Sun 23-Apr-17 19:03:36

Sure I saw these in Jaeger and their Outlet recently.

TheQuietOnes Sun 23-Apr-17 20:48:47

Thank you!

The TU pin tick top is what I'm looking for.

I didn't realise I could order from them online. Does anyone know how their sizes are true to size please? I all shops did a standard sizing! My husband can't work out why I can't just pick a size and know it will fit me! hmm

ZaZathecat Mon 24-Apr-17 10:38:11

I think TU clothing tends to be on the large side.

TheQuietOnes Mon 24-Apr-17 16:33:43

Thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now