Talk

Advanced search

Best long lasting foundation?

(24 Posts)
Onynx Sat 22-Apr-17 22:20:13

Hope somebody can help! I've a wedding in a few weeks and looking for some lovely foundation that won't need too much touching up during the day. I usually wear Clarin's True Radiance 08 by day & really like it but it doesn't seem to last. I also have their Everlasting foundation but lately it's feeling 'tight' and looking a little chalky. I've tried Estée Lauder Double Wear & it felt very tight and mask-like & Armani Luminous silk wasn't great on me. I'd rather a glow/dewy look than a flat matte. So wise MNers- any advice please😊!

MiltopMighty Sat 22-Apr-17 22:24:04

Use blotting and touch up loose powder with a puff. There have been good threads here about how to make your foundation last the day. Most agreed that blotting is really helpful.

I think it's called slippage when it disintegrates.

JennyOnAPlate Sat 22-Apr-17 22:26:13

I use revlon colourstay and find it very good.

Nikitasol Sat 22-Apr-17 22:28:08

Try estee lauder double wear light. Rather than the double wear one. That's much lighter..I also use a fix spray if I'm going through day into night. I use rimmel fix and go.

justanotheryoungmother Sat 22-Apr-17 22:36:30

I like MAC's Studio Fix Fluid in terms of thickness and for staying-power smile

AgathaMystery Sat 22-Apr-17 23:44:53

Armani power fabric with FX fix spray on top!

AntagonyAunt Sat 22-Apr-17 23:48:45

Urban Decay All Night fixing spray is supposed to be good. You could go to one of their counters in Debenhams to try it out.

LoupGarou Sat 22-Apr-17 23:52:51

I've just started using Maybelline's Dream Liquid Mousse foundation, with their camouflage concealer and with primer it lasts for about ten hours on me before it starts looking a bit tired.
That's a record for me, I've tried just about every foundation under the sun and as I have dry skin they usually start looking chalky/flaky or feeling tight quite quickly, this one stays looking luminous and dewy all the time and it doesn't feel heavy on my skin at all, I wish I'd tried it years ago.

LoupGarou Sat 22-Apr-17 23:53:45

I should have added that the ten hours it lasts is spent charging around after a toddler, so not at all sedentary!

DontFuckingSayIt Sat 22-Apr-17 23:58:46

I have oily skin and find Revlon Colourstay absolutely useless (the one for oily skin!) Is doublewear as good as people say? Do they do a really pale shade?

anxietyrus Sun 23-Apr-17 00:50:39

Don't I have moved from revlon colour stay to double wear today. I've not had chance to really try it out yet but I will report back with my thoughts.

I love revlon colour stay for the first 5 or 6 hours then it literally slides off my face 😔

LadyOfTheCanyon Sun 23-Apr-17 05:43:02

Marc Jacobs foundation is the shizz. A little goes a long way but over a primer that stuff doesn't budge. I have dryish skin and an active job and touch my face a lot and it looks as good at 11pm as when I put it on at 6am.

Mostly warm toned though and not massively inclusive shade wise.

Onynx Sun 23-Apr-17 10:10:23

Thanks for all the responses! Lots of ideas to try! So I'll have a look at fixing sprays. I have Clarins Flashbalm for under foundation. Is that a primer?

WeeM Sun 23-Apr-17 10:18:04

I was going to suggest doublewear but if you didn't like that maybe you could try the lighter one or there's a new one with a sponge applicator that might be worth a shot. I put mine on at 6.30am and don't touch it til I go to bed-I occasionally get a slight shine on my nose but other than that it's fab. I do think the right moisturiser and primer is a factor to it's anti shine properties though-I have oily skin skin so use matrifying products underneath. I also dust a fine layer of powder over the foundation with a big brush.

WeeM Sun 23-Apr-17 10:24:26

@DontFuckingSayIt I am so pale too. I was using cool bone but have recently moved to their palest shade which is shell and it's perfect for me. If you go to the counter they will give you a wee tester pot and it will last you a good few days so gives you a good chance to try it. I apply mine with a Real Techniques Expert Face Brush and clean it with Mac make up remover-it's the only liquid I've found that will properly clean the brush!

WeeM Sun 23-Apr-17 10:24:59

Mac brush cleaner I should say

WowwwReally Sun 23-Apr-17 10:28:35

Revlon colour stay

Bleurghghghgh Sun 23-Apr-17 11:35:01

Benefit do a primer called stay flawless which works really well for me under any foundation. It's like a pritt stick that you apply to one section at a time, buff the foundation into and then move onto the next section. It keeps my makeup on even when wearing a full face motorbike helmet which is quite the feat. I like it because it doesn't change the finish of the foundation so I can get longwear like staying power out of a lower coverage product

CoolCarrie Sun 23-Apr-17 13:20:50

Estée Lauder double wear in Bone or Shell for pale and interesting ones like me. At an all day wedding outside yesterday, very hot here, 32 or so, Maybelline primer and Estée Lauder worked brilliantly, no blotting , only had to reapply lipstick. It is a bit dry, but I when I took it off last night just used a night moisturiser and face is fine today.

CoolCarrie Sun 23-Apr-17 13:22:39

Get the light version of double wear and give it a try with a good primer underneath

Pippin8 Sun 23-Apr-17 13:32:02

MAC pro longwear, I used to work 12 hour hospital shifts & it still looked fresh at the end of the day.

It doesn't oxidise like some of the other MAC foundations & feels really light. They'll give you a tester in store.

Onynx Tue 25-Apr-17 18:21:50

Thanks everybody. I'm going to give the light DoubleWear a go- fingers crossed!

MsFortunaMajor Tue 25-Apr-17 21:02:52

I am using No7 Beautifully Matte foundation. It gives really good coverage that lasts all day for me. I use a primer, then apply foundation with a wet sponge, followed by a bit of face powder to set my make-up.

stoplickingthetelly Tue 25-Apr-17 21:16:43

I really like the ysl touche eclat foundation. Lovely glowy finish and feels nice on too. Lasts pretty well on me x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now