Talk

Advanced search

What do you wear to work in an office in spring & summer

(15 Posts)
Honey1975 Sat 22-Apr-17 20:34:32

I am currently still wearing my winter work clothes! Finally got summer clothes down from loft but they are old & tired (think chinos & boring tops) and I feel scruffy wearing them to work so am after some ideas of what to wear.
What do you wear during the warmer months if you work in ain office?

Chinnygirl Sat 22-Apr-17 20:37:43

A dress with a cardigan if it can be chilly.

Honey1975 Sat 22-Apr-17 20:39:59

Bare legs or tights with dress Chinny?

BarchesterFlowers Sat 22-Apr-17 20:46:52

Same here, jersey dresses with nude tights and a cardigan or jacket. In the height of summer more linen, cotton or silk with cardigans, still dresses. I make the linen/silk/cotton things myself generally.

Liberty cotton lawn is lovely, feels like silk/cotton blend. No tights in summer as I make sure my dresses are longer so I don't feel that I need them.

MakingBaconPancakes Sat 22-Apr-17 21:36:23

This is lovely, and can layer it for summer (and then again for winter)

Looks nicer in person than on the website.

BounceBounceSplishSplash Sat 22-Apr-17 21:45:19

I hate getting my bare legs out in work and only really wear work dresses/skirts with opaques which are too heavy for summer so I basically live in cropped trousers like these during the summer months

JemimaMuddledUp Sat 22-Apr-17 22:06:08

Jersey wrap dresses - mostly from Boden. With a cardigan if it's chilly. Very low denier nude tights. Sandals with a heel, have just bought some closed toe wedge espadrilles for this summer.

CointreauVersial Sat 22-Apr-17 22:25:38

I have quite a few short-sleeved tops to wear with trousers or pencil skirts. Smarter than a teeshirt.

JaceLancs Sat 22-Apr-17 22:27:26

Tube skirts and crop pants with short sleeved tops

Nettletheelf Sun 23-Apr-17 01:37:05

Get your legs and arms out. I wear pencil skirts, long skirts with a split or knee length circular skirts, all with high heeled sandals. On casual days, I'll wear knee length tailored shorts.

I like sleeveless shell tops for summer, which you can stick a jacket or a smart cardigan over when you need to look dressed up.

Some people think that you should never wear open toed shoes to work. I disagree. Just varnish your toenails and make the sandals glamorous (I would never wear flat sandals to work).

All of this requires fake tan. On days when you can't be arsed, smart cropped trousers/Capri pants are good.

ChishandFips33 Sun 23-Apr-17 02:01:38

I thought too much about the tights thing last year!

I'll gladly wear tight black jeggings but won't wear my skirts with my winter opaques! I'd actually probably be cooler in the tights as they are thinner

For me - jeggings, cropped trousers, harems, midi/maxi skirts but bare legs...can't do nudes

Asmoto Sun 23-Apr-17 02:05:25

The same things I wear in autumn and winter. The air-conditioning operates at the same level of inefficiency year round; we are as likely to be boiling in December as we are to be freezing in July sad. Layers are the only solution.

JemimaMuddledUp Sun 23-Apr-17 02:07:28

Why don't people like nude tights? If you find some very fine ones in the right tone they just look like legs, but better.

thedevilinablackdress Sun 23-Apr-17 13:39:43

Usually end up wearing more clothes than in the winter as the heating goes off and the aircon goes on....but if actually warm, then cropped slim trousers or chinos and a cotton or linen shirt.

BusterGonad Sun 23-Apr-17 19:37:37

Jemima I can't live without nude tights! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now