Talk

Advanced search

Rosacea sufferers, you might be interested in this...

(15 Posts)
Destinysdaughter Sat 22-Apr-17 20:08:25

Came across this blogger whilst watching Katie Piper's excellent Face to Face show, about using make up to cover vitiligo, rosacea etc. She's a blogger with rosacea who writes about the condition and which products to use. Thought I would share it in case it helps pp, I have mild rosacea and know what an annoying condition it can be! ( Also this cover up cream looks good )

http://talontedlex.co.uk/2013/05/17/veil-cover-cream-since-doing-my-post-on-my/

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 22-Apr-17 20:10:07

Thanks Destiny. Will take a look smile

Destinysdaughter Sat 22-Apr-17 20:12:24

Clicky link!

talontedlex.co.uk/2013/05/17/veil-cover-cream-since-doing-my-post-on-my/

Londonjam Sun 23-Apr-17 10:26:38

Thank you! I saw this too and found the blogger lady inspiring

PosiePootlePerkins Sun 23-Apr-17 11:04:12

Can I also just recommend Soolantra, it is a fairly new treatment for rosacea and has all but cleared up my bumps and spots. Still suffer from redness but even that is reduced. Soolantra kills off a type of mite living on the skin, the demodex mite, which rosacea sufferers have significantly more of. (Blurgh)
Sorry to crash thread but thought it was worth a mention, it has made such a difference to my skin.

Londonjam Sun 23-Apr-17 16:21:58

I've heard that recommended before! Did your GP prescribe it quite happily?

Ifkip Sun 23-Apr-17 16:27:03

I've recently developed red bumps on my face. They come and go, but can feel itchy. In my own mind I had described them as if I had been bitten by a mite... Could this be rosacea? I ought to go to a GPS really.

AntigoneJones Sun 23-Apr-17 16:32:27

Yes it is demodex mites crawling out of your lash follicles in the night, wandering over your face, and then pooing on it.
You can get Ivermectin tablets online that get rid of body mites. It is not approved for prescription in this country.

bibbitybobbityyhat Sun 23-Apr-17 16:33:00

Can you buy Soolantra over the counter?

DameDoom Sun 23-Apr-17 16:33:28

I alternate between Ivermectin (Soolantra)? and Lymecycline. These work for me and my rosacea. I tried a 6 month detox as was worried about side effects - after 3 months my face was a total state. I was very firm with my dr and luckily she has been open-minded enough to agree to the treatment that works for me.
You would not know I have chronic rosacea but I will have to be on meds forever. Mine started with a tiny red bump on my cheek.

BWatchWatcher Sun 23-Apr-17 16:38:57

You can buy Soolantra online. Total game changer!

Smallangryplanet Sun 23-Apr-17 16:46:10

I've been using Soolantra for eight weeks. It's completely cleared up my skin, nothing else has worked. I've had rosacea for 5 years. I wish i could get rid of the redness, it is much improved though.

DameDoom Sun 23-Apr-17 16:48:03

As a side note: Face to Face was such an inspirational show. I admire and love Katie Piper in equal measure. Everything she stands for is incredible. Wanting to look your best is not vain and superficial if it is a small but important part of who you are.

Jmangel Sun 23-Apr-17 18:44:51

Use soolantra and you won't need any cover.

PosiePootlePerkins Sun 23-Apr-17 19:17:02

Sorry just back to the thread. I do still need makeup, Soolantra has 99% cleared my bumps and spots but I still have slight redness. I use Estee Lauder maximum cover camouflage makeup. You only need a little and it works well for me.
My doctor happily prescribed Soolantra, I am limited in what I can use as I am allergic to oral antibiotics, such a relief to find a topical cream that works.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now