Talk

Advanced search

Advice on skin and hair tone combinations

(7 Posts)
45DegreestoReality Sat 22-Apr-17 17:27:13

Can someone please help me understand skin and hair tone!

I (think) I have warm toned skin- I'm very pale, but if I hold a piece of white paper up to my face, my skin looks yellowish. My veins look blue, rather than green.

If I have a warm skin tone, should I go for a warm hair tone? Or cool?
I have used the same hair dye for years, but am beginning to think it no longer suits me, and am pondering a change.
I don't know where to start!
Any help of gratefully received!

Paintbox Sat 22-Apr-17 17:41:05

Warm skin should have warm hair tone and cool with cool.

userofthiswebsite Sat 22-Apr-17 17:44:23

The easiest way to tell is actually to go to Boots, or similar, and try putting two different bits of foundation from the same range on your skin eg 1W for warm and 1C for cool.One will look right and one will look 'wrong'

userofthiswebsite Sat 22-Apr-17 17:46:11

Just to add warm hair will naturally have more red tones in it.

But I wouldn't worry about buying what is deemed 'correct' for hair dye, I'm extremely pale and cool skinned but picked up golden hair dye today which of course is warm toned.

newdocket Sat 22-Apr-17 17:50:02

If your veins look blue rather than green then you would be cool, not warm. Typically, pale people are not warm. Try looking in a mirror and draping cool tones (pinks, blues) over yourself and then warm ones (orange, browns, reds) and see what you look like. One or the other set should make you look well and the other ill!

newdocket Sat 22-Apr-17 17:51:37

and yes, warm skin-warm hair and cool skin-cool hair will always look best. you can also choose shades that are more neutral that will look ok with warm or cool tones.

45DegreestoReality Sat 22-Apr-17 18:18:41

That's all great info- thank you all so much! I'm now rethinking. I'll get myself off to Boots and have a play with with foundation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now