Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Plus size jeans that aren't stretchy

(5 Posts)
Errokthen Sat 22-Apr-17 13:05:43

Can anyone recommend somewhere I can buy jeans from? I'm 5ft and a size 18- 20 blush

I don't want jeggings or anything too stretchy. I have many pairs of jeans from various high street stores but they all have a cheap look about them because the material is too thin and stretch. I'l have to have them taken up even if I buy short length. I can't wear skinny or slim fit due to my thighs and calves being absolutely massive!

Bootleg jeans make me look like I'm wearing flares due to being so short. I just want a pair of jeans that I could wear with boots and look 'smart' but I always end up looking like I'm stuffing sausages into a drinking straw!

Anyone else have a similar issue and can recommend somewhere that make plus size jeans that are actually not jeggings?

LadyOfTheCanyon Sat 22-Apr-17 13:41:42

River island jeans stretch but are a thicker material so don't look cheap. I really like them and I'm a 16. They have a plus size range too which I imagine uses the same material. I can't wear rigid jeans as they have to be much bigger on my arse than waist, whereas a percentage of elastane has a bit of wiggle room as under the fat I'm an hourglass shape which is a bastard for jeans fitting properly.
American Levi's do a curvy cut - not sure if they have stretch though?

YouWereRight Sat 22-Apr-17 14:05:57

I like m&s straight leg jeans. They look fairly baggy, almost girlfriend shaped on meme, and the short length work ok for my tiny 28" legs.

If you're near an outlet shop, they're regularly £12 in there.

Errokthen Sat 22-Apr-17 18:53:14

Thanks! I'm in town tomorrow so will head there and try both ok!

Errokthen Sat 22-Apr-17 18:53:24

Both on*

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now