Talk

Advanced search

Is this dress suitable for a wedding?

(11 Posts)
TiredCluelessMummy Sat 22-Apr-17 11:18:09

I'm looking for a dress to wear at my daughter's christening. Unfortunately I don't have an endless budget so it will need to be something I can also wear to weddings as we have a few to attend in the next 12 months.

I've completely fallen in love with the Dee Dee dress from Coast but I'm not sure if it's too white for a wedding. What do you think?

KateDaniels2 Sat 22-Apr-17 11:19:29

It looks pink in the picture? Or it does to me.

Is it paler in RL?

TiredCluelessMummy Sat 22-Apr-17 11:28:34

It looks slightly different on all the websites tbh. I haven't actually seen it in real life yet. I think it's a nude lining with ivory lace on top. It's not as pale as a traditional wedding dress would be. I think it's the combo of pale and lacey that is making me think twice. But I love it so much!

missyB1 Sat 22-Apr-17 11:30:27

Funnily enough I've also looked at that dress to wear to my ds wedding but I have the same concern as you! I've only looked at it online.

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Sat 22-Apr-17 11:33:40

i think it's bordering on too pale for a wedding, and the lacy tips it over into highly unsuitable.

OuchBollocks Sat 22-Apr-17 11:34:45

Yup too wedding-y. Imagine if the bride went for knee or ballet length, as is popular at the moment.

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Sat 22-Apr-17 11:34:47

oh cross posted with you...i left the pic up to load and went to get a coffee!

HelenaJustina Sat 22-Apr-17 11:34:59

Too pale and given current wedding dress trends, also too heavy on the lace to wear as a guest. Shame though as looks lovely!

Eminybob Sat 22-Apr-17 11:36:17

I usually say on these threads that as long as you're not wearing a floor length white gown a veil then you're pretty safe.

But... I do actually think that that dress is a bit too ivory/lacy to wear to a wedding, sorry.

It is gorgeous though.

KateDaniels2 Sat 22-Apr-17 11:37:50

Its stunning. But nude with ivory over the top in that style is too wedding like.

If it was pink (which i hoped it was) it might have been different.

TiredCluelessMummy Sat 22-Apr-17 13:42:49

Thanks for the replies. What a shame sad You've all confirmed what I thought. I shall keep looking. It's a real pain as well because the weddings are all different groups of family and friends so I could easily get away with one dress for all of them. It seems that sadly this is not that dress!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now