Talk

Advanced search

Loose powder for pale skin

(12 Posts)
AuntPol Sat 22-Apr-17 10:30:55

I've recently bought Chanel's loose powder, in the palest shade. It's really nice texture-wise - but it's making me look orange.

Can anyone recommend me a good loose powder for ghostly pale skin?

RedMetamorphosis Sat 22-Apr-17 10:38:36

The Laura Mercier invisible one is good, it is basically colourless.

AuntPol Sat 22-Apr-17 10:45:13

Thanks red. Is that the completely white one, or the more "normal" looking powder that they do?

RedMetamorphosis Sat 22-Apr-17 12:20:17

I think I've got the completely white one. It does just totally disappear on the skin but does make it matte.

I have quite dry skin so just use it as a setting powder and a little goes a long way.

AuntPol Sat 22-Apr-17 12:57:14

I might go and try it that one - I have a shiny forehead, so matte is good for me!

Strummerville Sat 22-Apr-17 13:34:07

I have this and love it. Use sparingly and it's invisible and lasts all day.

WeeM Sat 22-Apr-17 13:52:54

I tend to buy a translucent one rather than one that's a 'shade' iykwim. I am deathly pale too. At the moment I have a rimmel matte one as I have shine issues. I use doublewear foundation so only need a tiny bit over it.

MascaraWanda Sat 22-Apr-17 14:04:47

The Lily Lolo finishing powder is lovely. I've got pale skin too and use the translucent silk one.

Beautifullymixed Sat 22-Apr-17 15:03:50

I highly recommend innisfree no sebum mineral powder. Cornstarch and silica ingredients make this matte, but not drying, my skin is left smooth and poreless, with no cakeiness or oxidisation.
It's a white loose powder, but a little goes a long way, and doesn't leave my brown, mixed race skin looking ghostly.
I also love the fresh, slightly minty smell.

RhubarbRocks Sat 22-Apr-17 15:05:54

Laura mercier loose setting powder in translucent. I'm very pale and it's fine for me - doesn't really have a colour and I much prefer the texture to the white mineral one.

AuntPol Sat 22-Apr-17 15:23:22

Thank you everyone for all the suggestions!

treaclesoda Sat 22-Apr-17 15:27:06

I have this problem too. Even so called translucent powders often make my skin orange.

I have recently bought NYX powder, it's a white one, and it's amazing. Feels lovely, doesn't make my skin orange and it's only £9. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now