Talk

Advanced search

If i like them i should wear them, right? Yellow trainers (pic)

(45 Posts)
justanillusion Sat 22-Apr-17 09:46:29

I dress like a prim middle aged woman. I bought these a year ago but don't wear them.

I'm 40 and overweight so i don't do casual well. I'm at a bit of a loss style wise right now.

So..... Am i overthinking these trainers?! Or will i look silly.

IHaventStoppedCravingYet Sat 22-Apr-17 09:50:31

I love them. Wear away. I think they could really add something to a simple skinny jeans or leggings outfit. Is it the colour of the fact they are trainers that worries you?

RJnomore1 Sat 22-Apr-17 09:52:33

Fab. I love bright shoes with a black dress/tights or leggings combo.

They'd look great with bright summer colours too.

Get them out and get them on!

MrsMozart Sat 22-Apr-17 09:52:55

If you like them wear them.

SenoritaViva Sat 22-Apr-17 09:53:11

Lovely, go for it

Bobbins43 Sat 22-Apr-17 09:55:18

They're lovely! Wear them!

robinia Sat 22-Apr-17 09:56:42

They're great! Where did you get them from?

BounceBounceSplishSplash Sat 22-Apr-17 09:56:48

I think with ankle jeans they'll look fine. They'll go with dark or light denim as well as black jeans. You're probably limited with what colour tops will go with them though - black, white, grey or navy.

Lots of coloured trainers about at the mo and they're a good colour for spring/summer so bite the bullet and wear them with your head held high smile

Dreamqueen Sat 22-Apr-17 09:57:11

I love them.

I'd wear them & I'm 57. Either with jeans or with my new favourite outfit black ruched skirt & black Led Zeppelin T shirt with leather biker jacket if cold.

Floggingmolly Sat 22-Apr-17 09:57:58

Yes, I'd wear them.

CheekyLoki Sat 22-Apr-17 09:58:18

Ooh I do have yellow summer shoes. They go well with a totally black outfit.

Gileswithachainsaw Sat 22-Apr-17 10:02:21

I don't personally like them.

However if you do you should wear them. Id wear them if I liked them and id not care what anyone thought.

Go for it smile

Niminy Sat 22-Apr-17 10:03:29

They're fabulous. I'm envious envy

buggerthebotox Sat 22-Apr-17 10:03:36

I love them. Where did you get them?<nosy>.

justanillusion Sat 22-Apr-17 10:06:34

Thanks all. Maybe i will wear them.

It was both colour and them being trainers.

I feel fat in my jeans but maybe I'll try them with something else. (i have a lot of navy/black).

robinia i got them in "size?" a year ago for £20!

Trills Sat 22-Apr-17 10:11:09

I don't like them but YOU DO so you should wear them.

TheTurnOfTheScrew Sat 22-Apr-17 10:12:52

LOVE them.

PaperdollCartoon Sat 22-Apr-17 10:15:53

Love them. Yellow is one of my fave colours. Wear them with confidence!

Glittermakeseverythingbetter Sat 22-Apr-17 10:23:10

I think yellow is very "in" at the moment. I have recently bought a jumper in that colour having never worn yellow before and I love it. (and I am older than you).

justanillusion Sat 22-Apr-17 10:33:29

I was out yesterday and I noticed a lot of women older than me looking fantastic. Its probably a confidence thing.

BusterGonad Sat 22-Apr-17 10:56:02

Wear them and hopefully you'll feel confident and you never know you may start changing your style and become full of confidence!

youvegottobekidding Sat 22-Apr-17 11:41:15

I really think if you love the clothes/shoes you wear, you'll feel great about yourself, therefore you'll ooze confidence.

I've still got items in my wardrobe that I haven't worn, because i don't feel I have the confidence to wear them - there's that little voice in my head that justs says 'can't be bothered' & I end up wearing the same old shit & feeling shit!

I think they're fab trainers, wear with some black jeggings & a nice blouse/shirt - but I'm no style guru mind!

LadyOfTheCanyon Sat 22-Apr-17 11:51:37

Yellow is such a happy colour. I have some yellow sandals and I LOVE them.

Wear away. I always smile when I see people wearing cheerful clothes/shoes/bags as I think they are probably fun to know.

And I think as pp have said, keep everything else relatively neutral, flash a bit of ankle and you're away!

lasttimeround Sat 22-Apr-17 12:22:42

Go. Wear. Enjoy.
And smile at your funky feet as you pass shop windows.
Excellent shoes

Almahart Sat 22-Apr-17 12:23:46

Love them! What brand are they?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now