Talk

Advanced search

Styling for these potential wedding (guest!) outfits

(1 Post)
GuinefortGrey Sat 22-Apr-17 09:26:33

Family wedding in a few weeks. I've bought a couple of dresses on Amazon of all places as can't face trawling the shops. Both of the dresses below look ok on me I think. Strangely, the "tight" ruched one is probably the more flattering if I can just relax and embrace my curves rather than give in to the temptation to cover it all up with a big cardigan grin. I quite like the navy one too but is it too dark for a wedding??

I'm 43, 5'9 and a size 16 so sadly don't look anything like the models in these photos!

I need some help with accessorising both of these. Shoes - nude or black or something else? I have black but have never owned a pair of non-black heels in my life! Plus they need to be comfy and easy to walk in without looking frumpy if possible.

Tights??? I'm guessing my usual thick black 60 deniers do not say "summer wedding" 😂

Jewellery? I'm thinking chunky statement necklace in lighter blues for the navy dress. No idea how to accessorise the purple one though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now