Talk

Advanced search

Casual summer clothes for hot weather

(17 Posts)
DessieSaysDiy Sat 22-Apr-17 07:45:56

Hi
I'm looking for advice on some summer clothes.
Going to a caravan in Italy
It's hot and not dressy, dressy at night.
I'm 5'8" large of thigh and belly small up top...joy to be me!grin
Was roasting in more fitted summer dresses last year but felt tent like in my maxi efforts!
Budget is more high street - supermarket.
Thanks to anyone who can help!!!

BounceBounceSplishSplash Sat 22-Apr-17 08:01:52

I got this from Sainsbury's recently for my hols. Nice jersey material and it skims rather than clings so will be good for hiding belly and thighs. I sized down though as it looked a bit tent like in my normal size.

tuclothing.sainsburys.co.uk/p/Black-Embroidered-Dress-/131070834-Black

DessieSaysDiy Sat 22-Apr-17 08:06:27

That looks lovely bounce, thank you grin
Will have a look in real life tomorrow.

BounceBounceSplishSplash Sat 22-Apr-17 08:09:53

Not my normal style but I also got this which is in a lightweight cotton though the bottom half is lined. Looks better on than on the site and is a flattering fit. Sized down again.
tuclothing.sainsburys.co.uk/p/Pinata-Striped-Dress-/131554610-MultiColoured

Iamastonished Sat 22-Apr-17 08:14:49

People don't tend to dress up at night these days, even in hotels or slightly upmarket hotels in my experience.

Euphemia Sat 22-Apr-17 08:15:10

These beach dresses from M&S are lovely and suitable for evenings too.

skyzumarubble Sat 22-Apr-17 08:29:08

I've got that striped dress from Sainsbury's - love it. It's really flattering and I am the same sort of shape as you op.

Covering some saltwater slides to go with it!

DessieSaysDiy Sat 22-Apr-17 11:42:37

They also look good !
Will check them out.
Not looking for dressy dressy Iamastonished...just don't manage to pull shorts off very well- daisy Duke I'm notgrin
Just want to be cool, comfy and not resemble a bag of potatoes grin

A1Sharon Sat 22-Apr-17 14:02:46

Boden have 25% off now, I've just ordered the Blackberry dress, if its nice I'll get more.

Iamastonished Sat 22-Apr-17 16:14:42

I like the look of that one A1Sharon

WhooooAmI24601 Sat 22-Apr-17 16:51:33

I love H&M's cotton summer dresses. They're usually super cheap (about £14.99) and 100% cotton so don't make you sweat more.

I also love Asda's linen dresses; they had a couple of blue/navy shirt-style ones last summer which were gorgeous.

I got a couple of lovely old fashioned cotton sundresses in Sainsbo's last year, and am hoping they'll do some again this year.

DessieSaysDiy Sat 22-Apr-17 18:02:26

Will have a look at these thanks.
Next quest will be how to make my blueish white legs a little less ghostlike...gradual tan or spray?
Last spray I had came off in chunks while I was in the pool with the kids. I looked glorious grinblush

BounceBounceSplishSplash Sat 22-Apr-17 18:28:30

Spray tan is a nightmare on holiday. The mixture of sun lotion, sand, sea or chlorine makes it wear off quickly and unevenly so you're left with big patches.

Never tried gradual tan so unable to comment if that goes the same.

DessieSaysDiy Sun 23-Apr-17 10:48:02

That's what happened to me. Patches of brown and whiteshock
Will maybe try one of the gradual ones on my legs this year and report back .

Zxyzoey31 Sun 23-Apr-17 14:29:36

Does that striped Sainsburys dress have an elasticated waist? I had looked online before and couldn't tell. Elasticated waists are a deal breaker for me.

BounceBounceSplishSplash Sun 23-Apr-17 15:57:20

Not at the front Zxy but it's elasticated at the back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now