We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Weight loss wardrobe.

(4 Posts)
TheGiantSausage Sat 22-Apr-17 07:34:39

I've recently lost a bit of weight and am somewhat struggling with what suits me now, I'm so used to trying to cover myself up I'm not sure what styles suit me.
I'm a comfortable size 10, 5'4", pale with brown hair. I'm 30 but look younger (would like to look more my age).
Just wondering if anybody has any advice or examples of what they wear if they're a similar height or weight (I realise everybody's figures differ regardless of size/weight), I'm not sure what shape I am either which is unhelpful!
Thanks in advance.

SesameSparkle Sat 22-Apr-17 09:22:46

I also lost weight and struggled to find my new style afterwards. I found I had to do mass try on sessions to find out what looked good on me, as I couldn't just go and buy a smaller version of what I used to wear. One thing I found useful was taking my own measurements and having them to hand to compare against the size guides for online shopping. Also what size am I - dark greener website was useful to find stores that might offer the best fit for my shape. You can also use your measurements to work out your body shape and Google the various online tools and advice.

thegoatwhogotthequiche Sat 22-Apr-17 13:21:27

I found pintrest good for outfit ideas, I saved what I liked the look of and then shopped accordingly. Taking a good honest freind (who is as delighted as you are by your weight loss) helps too IMO, as does going into shops that you would never have gone into before...suddenly Top Shop was an option!

All the time I had weight still to lose I would try and get bargains from charity shops or ebay, I kept on using the charity shops once I had stopped losing weigh due to the sheer amount of new clothes that I needed.

Anther good tip for tops (especially after weight loss) is to take in a size smaller than you think you need, top often look better a bit more fitted. That can take some getting used to, if you have had years of wearing bigger tops you keep being drawn to them. Going out in a tight-ish fitted top and jeans was very odd at first.

I would also recommend starting with a good underwear fitting first, everything looks better with a good bra underneath.

Well done on your weight loss and enjoy!

TheGiantSausage Tue 25-Apr-17 22:09:21

Thank you both, I'll have a look on pinterest. Suppose it's an excuse for a whole new style!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now