Talk

Advanced search

Help me find a necklace

(12 Posts)
sycamore54321 Sat 22-Apr-17 05:05:46

I saw someone wearing the most gorgeous necklace and I'm trying to find a similar one. But my google searches are failing as I don't quite know how to describe it. It's a long necklace, made up of lengths of thin gold bars all the way around, so there are lots of crisp angles in the necklace. The bars are probably about 3 or 4 inches long and are sitting on a thin chain - but you don't see any chain, just the bars one after the next.

Does this mean anything to anyone? Have you seen one online? Or what words would I even use to search? "Straight gold bars necklace" and similar brings up lots of chains with a single bar on them; I want one with bars all the way around.

Thanks

Rudymentary Sat 22-Apr-17 05:12:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lazydog Sat 22-Apr-17 05:41:25

www.cosstores.com/ie/Women/Jewellery/Necklaces/Layered_metal_tube_necklace/12757427-58846652.1#58846655#Rel?PC=

sycamore54321 Sat 22-Apr-17 06:49:17

So hard to describe! Thanks for the suggestions. It would be like the Cos one but simpler - if there was only one string and the tubes went the whole length of the necklace. But this has given me the word "tube" so I'll search using it instead and see if there is any better result.

JetJungle Sat 22-Apr-17 08:30:46

Something like this?

Maybe you could ask the Etsy seller to add more tubes for you?

sycamore54321 Sat 22-Apr-17 08:56:43

Yes, that's quite close. The "tubes" were much thinner and more bar-like and probably about three times as long, and you didn't see the chain that threaded them together at all, so the whole thing had a delicate, geometric look about it. It was gorgeous!

Good idea on contacting an etsy maker directly.

AverysillyoldHector Sat 22-Apr-17 09:04:30

Anything similar here?

AverysillyoldHector Sat 22-Apr-17 09:07:42

Or this is more geometric.

BikeRunSki Sat 22-Apr-17 09:32:05

That John Lewis one is fabulous Hector.

AverysillyoldHector Sat 22-Apr-17 09:35:20

Mmm I really like it too, tempting! Thanks OP smile

sycamore54321 Sat 22-Apr-17 18:45:46

Thanks everyone, getting v close! The JL one would be very similar if a single strand and a bit longer. That one is gorgeous but doesn't have quite the simplicity that I loved. Definitely getting closer.

snowgirl1 Sat 22-Apr-17 23:58:24

Saw this on a mannequin in John Lewis today and thought it sounded like the necklace you'd asked about...but see you've since said the one you're looking for is only one strand. The mannequin was in the Mint Velvet concession but I've checked their website and it doesn't look like it's from there - might be the same one that PP has linked to from JL.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now