Talk

Advanced search

Bridesmaid dress help please

(6 Posts)
livinginhope87 Fri 21-Apr-17 22:01:16

Hello,

I have been asked to be a bridesmaid at my best friends wedding. I am very pleased to be asked but am struggling to find something to wear and I really don't want to let me friend down.

I have had a significant illness and have put on weight that I am keen to loose but this is unlikely to happen before the big day. At the moment I am a size 18 5'7. Shape wise I have a big bust, a defined waist but a big tummy. My arms are not great.

The bride is happy to go with whatever style works for me (thank goodness) however two other bridesmaids will need to follow the theme. Ideally jewel tones dresses and not too bridesmaidy as it is a laid back affair. If anyone has any suggestions I would be so so grateful. Thank you.

marriednotdead Fri 21-Apr-17 22:20:16

Have a look at the Dolores doll dresses by Collectif. The shape is very flattering and they can be dressed up or down. You can add a bolero or cropped cardi if you want to hide your arms.

livinginhope87 Fri 21-Apr-17 22:35:13

Thank you I will take a look. smile

Any other suggestions welcomed.

IntelligentPutty Fri 21-Apr-17 23:12:03

Take a look at rock and roll bride website. U might get some good ideas from there.

livinginhope87 Sat 22-Apr-17 07:34:20

Oh wow just lost an hour looking at rock and roll bride - not really anything suitable but an amazing website. Thank you for the suggestion.

BoboBunnyH0p Sat 22-Apr-17 07:42:32

M&S have a range of bridesmaid dresses. The range is good because they offer all styles in the same colours so you could all choose the style that suits.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now