Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Jacket inspiration? (With caveats...)

(12 Posts)
Laquila Fri 21-Apr-17 21:38:25

What the buggery do you wear in spring as a casual jacket?! I have a trench I wear for work and an All Saints Cargo - I love both but they're not what I'm after. I wear jeans too frequently to buy a denim jacket and would rather gouge out my eyes than wear a bomber. I have a Fat Face cotton anorak-type thing and a proper Didriksons rainproof one, but what am I meant to wear just as an everyday lightish jacket?? Good not essential but probably preferred, although am not after a Seasalt-type mac.

In spring/summer, I generally wear jeans/hareem pants/skirts and tees/scoop-neck vests with Supergas or Birkenstocks, I'm a 5ft8 size 12 and usually shop at Gap, Zara, M&S, Next, Boden etc but am a very neutral dresser - no fun prints!

Any recommendations very welcome!

PaperdollCartoon Fri 21-Apr-17 22:09:26

I'm a blazer fan personally. They go with almost everything.

Laquila Fri 21-Apr-17 22:16:32

I do like a blazer, Paperdoll. I had a good slightly stretchy jersey one years ago but they can easily look a bit cheap if they don't fit well and crucially, wash well.

simmonsbythesea Sat 22-Apr-17 08:57:49

I have the Hush military jacket in green from last year and black from the current range. Check around 9.30 daily for restock. I don't rate Hush for anything else, but the green one from last year has worn and washed really well.

www.hush-uk.com/womenswear/daywear/jackets/military_jacket_1_washed_black.htm

Top Shop do a nice military version that would look great with your clothes, it's a bit longer and bigger than the Hush version.
www.topshop.com/en/tsuk/product/clothing-427/camouflage-shacket-6491704?bi=0&ps=20

Whistles jersey blazers are excellent quality.

Weebleswobbles Sat 22-Apr-17 09:05:10

@simmonsbythesea - that jacket looks great - would you say that would suit an hourglass shape?

Am clueless

SesameSparkle Sat 22-Apr-17 09:05:47

I'm planning on wearing my leather jacket through spring and I've a denim jacket waiting for summer. I don't really mind the double denim look and I've never found the right blazer type jacket. I quite like the look of the fat face waxed jackets - would something like that work? Also there are a few military-ish khaki jackets around, which would be a bit lighter eg Hush, River Island - any good?

simmonsbythesea Sat 22-Apr-17 09:28:28

@Weebleswobbles I'm not good with body types sorry! I'm flat chested and not very curvy and suit these kind of straight cut jackets with a round collar. That may be the opposite to an hourglass though!

The Hush jacket has lots of reviews on it, they may help. There was also a big Hush thread here a while ago, might be worth reading to see if anyone bought and rated it there?

FinallyHere Sat 22-Apr-17 09:40:52

Another leather jacket devotee here, i wear mine mostly with jeans, but occasionally with a dress and its all good. I am an 'apple' shape, so my hips and bottom are 'neat' (compared to my tummy) so I wear a shortish jacket. Sister is more pear shapes (and loads more stylish) wears a longer one to avoid emphasis on the hips.

Hope you find what you want

Diamonddealeroncemore Sat 22-Apr-17 14:09:16

I wear a jersey blazer, I have a Whistles one that I bought from eBay and it's great it just makes any outfit look smarter. Im always on the look out for another one on eBay in a different colour because mine gets so much wear.

Livinabarnn Sat 22-Apr-17 15:18:59

You need a blazer, a leather (not black) and a boucle type jacket. Sorted! 😜

ZaraW Sat 22-Apr-17 15:25:04

I usually wear J Crew field jacket I've had it a few years but it's always on their site. A Jigsaw boucle jacket and a Rag and Bone silk blazer.

Laquila Sun 23-Apr-17 09:40:14

Thanks for the ideas all. I'd forgotten that I have a light grey pockety type jacket from Next that's actually ideal for this time of year - have dug it out and after a wash is as good as new!

I do like the Hush military ones, although I've been disappointed with everything except PJs from them, and even those have gone down in recent years.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now