Talk

Advanced search

Really hydrating, non-pore clogging moisturiser for sensitive skin?

(14 Posts)
AliceKlar Fri 21-Apr-17 18:39:24

Any recommendations. My skin is really really dry. And sensitive so can't handle really scented products. I've just about finished L'Occitane 50% shea butter moisturiser which is very hydrating but has clogged my skin so I have milia and odd bumps, especially on my forehead. Has anyone any recommendations? Thank you in advance.

PaperdollCartoon Fri 21-Apr-17 20:24:03

I have dry, sensitive skin prone to allergic reactions - I've been using Lush Celestial moisturiser for about 5 months and love it, it's so light and gentle.

MrsLettuce Fri 21-Apr-17 20:58:58

Eucerin is absolutely worth a try. It's non-scented, very hydrating, and not cloggy at all for me.

Lndnmummy Fri 21-Apr-17 21:46:34

I have roseaca ans I use Eucerin as well. Brilliant products

PickAChew Fri 21-Apr-17 21:48:45

I use the yellow clinique. No problems with pore clogging.

Ktown Fri 21-Apr-17 22:04:47

Agree eucerin 5% urea.
Day cream only as the night one has Shea butter

AliceKlar Fri 21-Apr-17 22:33:06

thank you so much. Will try the Eucerin. PickAChew I seem to have a reaction to Clinique for some odd reason so would have to see if they'd give me a tester first. Will also investigate the Lush.

alabasterangel Fri 21-Apr-17 22:35:06

I have t

Calphurnia Fri 21-Apr-17 22:35:08

I use a cetaphil one with SPF during the day, then Lush Imperialis at night. Helps keep my sensitive skin happy

alabasterangel Fri 21-Apr-17 22:38:35

Argh!! Fat fingers!!

I have really mixed skin - combination - with a very dry nose and cheeks and oily chin which clogs easily. I've recently discovered la Roche posts, the blue one (effaclar). If I put it on at night I wake up glowy and my make up goes on loads better...and it's reasonably priced.

alabasterangel Fri 21-Apr-17 22:39:09

*la roche posay 🙄

AliceKlar Sat 22-Apr-17 10:52:29

Thanks everyone. Really good to know and to have a list to work through if one proves to not be 'the one'. I do wear make-up so one that makes it goes on better would be great Alabaster

Lndnmummy Sat 22-Apr-17 11:37:35

Avene is another brand good for sensitivr skin. Maybe ask for some samples! My skin breaks out from Clinique and la roche posay, everyone is so different arent they.

thatorchidmoment Sat 22-Apr-17 12:47:37

I love Liz Earle's superskin moisturiser for my sensitive skin that became particularly dry in my last pregnancy two years ago. I'm pregnant again and have been using it ever since. Skin is perfect now, bar the odd hormonal spot on my chin every couple of weeks! It comes unfragranced, or with neroli scent. I'd recommend going in and trying it in John Lewis or Boots, to see if it suits you, as the pots are expensive and you don't want to waste £40 on moisturiser that you hate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now