Talk

Advanced search

Ski holiday - footwear for hotel

(9 Posts)
user1492780835 Fri 21-Apr-17 14:33:02

Hi,

We are going late season skiing next week and haven't been for a few years.

Have got boots to wear in the resort but not sure about footwear in the evenings at out hotel.

Don't think I'll fancy heels after being in ski boots all day!!

RicottaPancakes Fri 21-Apr-17 14:34:11

Trainers or comfy pumps

BiddyPop Fri 21-Apr-17 14:37:11

Comfortable flat shoes.

You probably won't be dressing up much anyway - smart casual, jeans, nice jumper, that kinda thing.

Some evenings I still went around in the flip flops I wore to the pool in the late afternoon (crocs ones, so a bit less "beach" and a bit more "everyday wear" style).

sparechange Fri 21-Apr-17 14:40:52

Trainers, ugg boots, pumps - flat and casual

user1492780835 Fri 21-Apr-17 14:41:05

Would elegant Lulu Guiness slippers be ok?

LadyPenelopeCantDance Fri 21-Apr-17 14:44:07

I wear ordinary ugg slippers in the evening! After the discomfort of ski boots all day, my feet deserve fluffy, cosy warmth...

sparechange Fri 21-Apr-17 14:47:31

They would be ok but would probably stand out in a sea of uggs and converse!

Also remember the carpets in the hotels can be a bit wet if people have tramped snow in, so I'd avoid anything too delicate

WannabeHippyChick Fri 21-Apr-17 14:47:40

Slippers! I did once stay in a chalet-hotel where one of the other guests had big hair, full make-up, high heels & a different outfit each night. I could just about manage to change out of my ski gear, have a shower & get into my comfiest clothes... However, I have to say she looked great, me on the other hand...hmm Have a great holiday! x

LIZS Fri 21-Apr-17 14:51:24

Fitflops or trainers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now