Talk

Advanced search

What have you bought for summer?

(9 Posts)
HalfStar Fri 21-Apr-17 11:02:31

Going on hols this year for the first time in 3 years. I'm trying not to buy too much and keep it very capsule and low-key, but couldn't resist this top from Toast.

Quality feels lovely.

Anyone else found something they love?

BusterGonad Fri 21-Apr-17 12:34:15

I generally don't buy much fur holidays as we tend to walk a lot and I find my ruck sack ruins all my tops by creating bobbles and everything gets covered in sun lotion stains! angry but when I have it's mainly been dresses made out of soft t shirt material and little denim or floral skirts with vests to team up with them.

BusterGonad Fri 21-Apr-17 12:39:17

My favorite holiday dress from our last holiday.

HalfStar Fri 21-Apr-17 12:53:05

Oh cute. I still need to get a holiday dress, I'm definitely with you on wanting something soft/tshirty material.

BusterGonad Fri 21-Apr-17 12:54:48

My Best Buy was a relaxed shirt dress from Dotty Ps, such a great beach cover up. Mine was dark denim and is now beyond stone washed due to sun bleaching!

BusterGonad Fri 21-Apr-17 13:02:33

I've got this too, I never wore it, I didn't want it ruined! 😂 I look worse on holiday than at home!

JemimaMuddledUp Fri 21-Apr-17 15:39:46

Our summer holiday is going to be camping so I won't be wearing anything very glamorous! Chino shorts and Breton tops with converse more than likely.

I have bought a couple of dresses for summer though. Have bought this dress in both Navy Mosaic and Navy/Ivory Stripe. I did also order the Sapphire Island Vine but it looked like a pair of curtains on me! I've bought these shoes and this bag too.

happypoobum Fri 21-Apr-17 16:16:34

sunglasses

Really comfy cropped jeans

gazelle trainers

Floisme Fri 21-Apr-17 17:28:13

Summer clothes don't do it for me but I've got these H&M chinos and a similar but slightly smarter pair from the Uniqlo U collection (sorry - can't see them on the website any more). I loved that mannish shape in the 80s and I'm really pleased to see it back.

I'm now looking for couple of V neck slouchy jumpers in lightweight cotton or linen. And then - unless that really is a pig flying by and we get a prolonged spell of good weather - my summer wardrobe is done.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now