Talk

Advanced search

Do MAC lipsticks have the staying power of liquid lipsticks?

(8 Posts)
justanotheryoungmother Fri 21-Apr-17 10:24:11

Liquid lipsticks tend to have good staying-on power, but I was wondering if the 'normal' MAC lipsticks also stay put really well? Do they come off onto your cup when you drink etc? How many times do you need to re-apply them etc? Are they that good at staying on or do NYX liquid lipsticks stay on better?

Thanks for any answers smile

CurlsLDN Fri 21-Apr-17 10:28:41

I love mac lipstick, but it doesn't have much more staying power than any other cream lipstick.

I do recommend lipcote, I always put it over my Mac red lipstick and it then stays put all day.

HonorBright Fri 21-Apr-17 10:32:38

MAC do liquid lipsticks! I find that MAC traditional lipsticks need reapplying around lunchtime.

Revlon lipsticks have remarkable staying power.

Paintbox Fri 21-Apr-17 10:35:12

The mac matte ones have fantastic staying power but feel a bit drying

glitterglitters Fri 21-Apr-17 10:44:00

I really rate the MAC retro mattes. I find they sit better than others I've tried. Kat Von D ones though πŸ‘ŒπŸΌπŸ‘ŒπŸΌπŸ‘ŒπŸΌ

Love love love Lipcote ❀️ I find it makes all my mates shiny though. My mum swore by it and the smell always reminds me of her x

glitterglitters Fri 21-Apr-17 10:45:13

I think normal MAC lipsticks are the better than most. But that's probably more my brand loyalty and the amount of range talking than "staying power".

HonorBright Fri 21-Apr-17 11:31:30

Does Lipcote not dry your lips horribly? I remember using it in the early 2000s and it wrecked my lips.

Botanicbaby Fri 21-Apr-17 12:34:07

Steer clear of Mac cremesheen (sp?) lipsticks if you want staying power.

The other regular range ones are ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now