Talk

Advanced search

Hair product help

(5 Posts)
pinkieandperkie Fri 21-Apr-17 08:43:39

I've been wanting to try wavy hair for ages so yesterday I bought a 32mm curling wand. The result was exactly what I was hoping for and my hair looked fab but three hours late the waves had pretty much dropped out. I am looking for advice on styling products to help keep the waves in. At the moment I only use shampoo, conditioner and a heat protector spray. Any miracle products that will help? Oh and if it helps I have fine silky shoulder length hair. I'm counting on you style and beauty gurus.

FemelleReynard Fri 21-Apr-17 08:57:19

Spray hairspray on to the waves after to hold them. I always find curls/waves hold better on day old hair too, not freshly washed.

pinkieandperkie Fri 21-Apr-17 09:29:31

Thanks femelle, i have just curled my hair again and it was much easier on second day hair. I will buy some hairspray to see if it helps.

FemelleReynard Fri 21-Apr-17 10:25:34

Another thought, if you do want to curl your freshly washed hair, how about trying one of those texturising sprays as they may give it a bit more hold? I'd only spray on the ends though as they tend to make your roots a bit sticky.

Pollypickypocket Fri 21-Apr-17 10:29:48

Freshly washed hair especially fine is too soft it needs some product to give it guts - mouse with firm hold plus a thermal protector - pin the curl in place till it's totally cool - can take 30 mins for the hair bonds to totally reform - then firm hold hair spray from a good distance - allow to dry then spray again smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now