We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bra intervention help

(8 Posts)
Frouby Fri 21-Apr-17 08:17:12

Recently lost weight and remeasured last week using mn approved method.

It's got me at 34J which is more or less what I expected. Ordered a new bra, full cup style from Fantasie. The band fits fine and feels a lot better. However the wires are a bit bendy.

In the middle where it should sit flat to my chest between my breasts its sort of twisting at 1 side. I have 1 boob bigger than the other by about a cup size and the side that is bigger, the wire is twisting away from my body.

I also think the cups are slightly too big. My breasts are well contained and supported but I can get my hand into the cups.

If I go down a cup size will this help do you think? Can live with a cup size slightly too big but the twisty wire is buggy. Or would I be better looking at a different style bra?

I will be ordering online so want to get as good a fit as possible without returning loads.

Alternatively I could visit debenhams and house of Fraser but am not sure what they stock in that size so don't want to waste a journey. Tia!

PaperdollCartoon Fri 21-Apr-17 13:38:29

Have you got a Bravissimo near you? That would be your best bet

Frouby Fri 21-Apr-17 15:25:02

No sadly we don't have one anywhere near us.

I think I will have to go have a look in Debenhams. I could order online if they don't have much in but it's a pain returning stuff if I have to.

TooDamnSarky Fri 21-Apr-17 15:30:23

I get the twisty wire thing. I just have to try on many styles in the same size until I get one that sits right. (Usually bravissimo own brand for me). Whatever you do don't keep the twisty wire one - keep looking for a better fit.

Frouby Fri 21-Apr-17 15:38:52

Wearing it now Sarky. It's not actually uncomfortable just doesn't look right.

Am going to try some balconette styles I think. Apparently they are better for large boobs to make them sit right.

TooDamnSarky Fri 21-Apr-17 16:45:51

Agreed. I only own balconettes.

ahalfchipshalfricemum Fri 21-Apr-17 16:54:58

I would also definitely recommend a trip to Bravissimo. Have a day out to visit one - it would absolutely be worth it and save you the time and hassle of trying to figure it out yourself. Then you can order online - and you get a free bra after 10 purchases! I was in a similar situation to you and Bravissimo sorted me out totally smile Congratulations on your weight loss smile

Frouby Fri 21-Apr-17 17:25:19

Thanks both.

I will one day go kit myself out in bravisimo I promise. Am still losing weight tho so don't want to do it until I have settled on a consistent weight.

I have always avoid balconettes as I always blamed the style for overspilling. I realise now that they actually didn't fit due to being too big on the band and too small in the cup. So am hoping that the right sized one will actually fit.

Have realised that most of my full cup bras twist this way to some extent even when they have fit properly.

Hopefully a style change will help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now