Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Bracelet for a special birthday - any ideas?`

(12 Posts)
ImperialBlether Thu 20-Apr-17 22:38:04

My friend is going to be 50 soon and I'd like to get her a bracelet. She doesn't wear much jewellery but does love it. She wouldn't go for anything blingy at all. I was thinking of a silver cuff. I'm willing to spend between £100 and £200. Any ideas?

NewPantsforaNewYear Thu 20-Apr-17 23:08:39

Not on the High Street is great for this sort of jewellery.
I love this one - stylish, non-blingy

NewPantsforaNewYear Thu 20-Apr-17 23:10:25

These are also nice. I have something similar which I wear a lot.

ImperialBlether Thu 20-Apr-17 23:11:11

Oh that's really nice. Thanks for the link.

I was trying to think of designers like Vivienne Westwood, but she doesn't have anything suitable. It would be nice to have a name behind it (though I doubt VW even sees the stuff she's meant to design.)

NewPantsforaNewYear Thu 20-Apr-17 23:31:48

It's not quite the same designer level as VW but Dinny Hall makes lovely stylish jewellery

ImperialBlether Thu 20-Apr-17 23:33:49

Great ideas here, thanks!

NewPantsforaNewYear Thu 20-Apr-17 23:35:33

Last one then I must stop - Astley Clarke is very 'on trend' and does a great range of friendship bracelets which might be rather appropriate.

FreeNiki Fri 21-Apr-17 00:52:12

links of London

KoalaDownUnder Fri 21-Apr-17 06:46:30

I absolutely love Dinosaur Designs, and they have a branch in London.

I have a simple silver cuff from there, and 7 years on it gets compliments every time I wear it.

Their designs are very elegant and not fussy or blingy at all.

www.dinosaurdesigns.com.au/categories/shop/jewellery/metals/precious-bangles.html

Gingerbreadmam Fri 21-Apr-17 06:48:42

nomination are the 'new' charm bracelet and easy to add to, customise.

ImperialBlether Fri 05-May-17 18:54:59

Just to let you know that I ended up buying a Vivienne Westwood bag, instead! Thanks for all your advice.

NewPantsforaNewYear Mon 08-May-17 21:27:08

Brilliant. I'm sure she'll be delighted.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: