Talk

Advanced search

Stylish laptop bag needed

(11 Posts)
NotTheBelleoftheBall Thu 20-Apr-17 19:49:34

I'd like it to be black (probably), hold my 13" laptop, charger and mouse (plus maybe a note book and pens) and look super classy for meetings.

I've got about £200 to spend on it, but would stretch to £250 if it's the type of thing to last forever.

I tend to wear quite plain classic clothes (e.g black skinny ankle skimming trousers, tailored top, trench with mid heel pumps, ballet pumps or smart trainers). I mainly shop for work clothes at Cos and Jaeger (RIP).

I don't even know where to start! Help! And thanks!

googietheegg Thu 20-Apr-17 19:50:52

I'd start with men's ones from the department stores - John Lewis had some lovely ones

Almostthere15 Thu 20-Apr-17 20:32:47

I had the same problem. Knomo look nice online but felt very vinyl when I ordered one (and sent back). I've ended up with the wenger Alexa and I love it. I'm not sure how well it'll fare long term but at 70 it's worth the risk and three months in its looking good

nextchapterplease Thu 20-Apr-17 20:36:45

Almost that's funny I Came on to suggest knomo!

https://www.knomobags.com/uk/curzon-shoulder-bag-black.html

But I do see what you mean that perhaps it's not oozing quality - I just love how practical their bags are

Almostthere15 Thu 20-Apr-17 21:23:28

I loved them too and if they were cheaper I'd go for them, it just felt a bit much!

DandelionAndBedrock Thu 20-Apr-17 21:28:29

Kate Spade have some - not sure if they would be wide enough for a charger?

This nylon one is quite a lot cheaper than the leather, but doesn't look as smart. They do a neoprene one, but I haven't seen it in the flesh.

Catherine0317 Thu 20-Apr-17 21:31:20

Would love to find a bag like you describe. I've been looking for ages. I agree regarding Knomo. Bit plastic-y. Mulberry do a lovely one but it's close on 800 (under the men's section on the website). I like the look of the Maxwell Scott Ones but would be interested in any feedback. I also saw a nice Sadlier one, Why is it so hard to get a feminine looking laptop bag/briefcase..

NickMyLipple Fri 21-Apr-17 06:10:19

I had the same problem. I actually bought this one:

m.johnlewis.com/wenger-ana-15-6-inch-laptop-tote-bag-black/p/2667749

Which has been fabulous. It's absolutely huge on the inside but looks smart and compact on the outside. It's not leather, but I'm a huge fan of leather bags and I don't think it detracts from the overall look or quality. And from memory it has a 10 year guarantee.

SlightlyTired Fri 21-Apr-17 11:06:59

I wear the same kinds of clothes as you and I have this bag from Hobbs. I have it in a deep burgundy. I think it also comes in a black suede and a yellow for spring. www.hobbs.co.uk/product/display?productID=0216-1247-020000&productvarid=0216-1247-020000-NAVY-1SIZE&refpage=bags
It has a removeable zipped compartment for my laptop and notebook, and a removable small purse with wrist strap. I love the fact that I can take out my work stuff so easily and convert it to a weekend bag with one move.

HonorBright Fri 21-Apr-17 11:39:10

Look at the men's range at Knomo.

Catherine0317 Fri 21-Apr-17 12:37:54

I actually passed a mulberry outlet today and this thread was in my head! I saw this and really liked it. It had a good discount and may potentially be 20% more off next weekend at a members sale. Is it man like though? !!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now