Menorcan sandals

(7 Posts)
Dixie2016 Thu 20-Apr-17 18:49:48

Are the straps always a bit loose? I tried a pair and felt as though the strap would drive me mad by constantly slipping down?

Humphriescushion Thu 20-Apr-17 18:53:19

Mine are. I don't normally bother to keep it on. I only wear them to pottle around in though and would never drive in them. Are lovely and comfy though.

Dixie2016 Thu 20-Apr-17 20:17:43

Ah see I got knock offs from Next and thought maybe it was just those. I walk a lot and am wondering if I'm going to have to stop every 3 steps to hoik the straps up.

menorcansandal Fri 21-Apr-17 13:24:46

Hello,

What's the brand name?

It never happens with the original "avarcas" handmade in Menorca. Normally it happens with Alicante (specially Elche) sandals. I can say it because I work in a Avarcas company in Menorca, you can check it at www.avarcas.com

This is because the backstrap it's not double reinforced with recycled tires. Just for costs, some Alicante companies don't do it.

I hope it clarify your question smile

ILoveWillSmith Fri 21-Apr-17 13:32:28

Hi, I've got some avarcas - bought in Menorca - the strap never falls down. Its quite thick and stays in place and feels secure. They're super comfy too. (I'm not recommending this but I've put mine in the washing machine a couple of times too - come out like new!)

Paintbox Fri 21-Apr-17 13:57:38

I have palmerias and also sollilas and the straps never fall down

menorcansandal Fri 21-Apr-17 15:57:34

I will ask a friend to write a blog post to check the differences between original menorcan sandals and the rest ;)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now