Selling second-hand clothes online

(6 Posts)
vitaminC Thu 20-Apr-17 18:15:44

I'm having a clear-out and have quite a few new or almost-new items I don't wear, some of which were fairly expensive. I've got a few bags of stuff for charity shops, but I'm wondering about selling the better items online.

I gave up on e-bay a couple of years ago, as it was just so time-consuming for such little return. Basically, I found that only designer brands were selling, and even then buyers were increasingly flaky and difficult.

So where is a good place to list things these days? Is vestiaire collective still around? Any other suggestions?
I'm in France, but happy to ship anywhere in Europe, so UK or other European sites are also of interest to me.

taytotayto111 Thu 20-Apr-17 19:59:14

Sorry I can't help but I'd also like to know the same. I've just sold quite a bit on eBay, practically gave it away once fees were paid.

FloatyCat Thu 20-Apr-17 20:27:42

I've given up too, too much faff, buyers taking the mickey all for a couple of quid. Also there was a rule change about offering refunds which stopped me.

imjessie Thu 20-Apr-17 21:26:53

Gumtree it local fb selling sites . You won't get much for second hand clothes though . Primark put pay to that . I always sell anything that's surplus to requirements and you usually only get about 15% of the original cost if you are lucky .

imjessie Thu 20-Apr-17 21:27:17

That should be 15-25%

CointreauVersial Thu 20-Apr-17 22:13:56

I just use eBay. It's not time-consuming if you use it often.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now