Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone wear 'mens' fragrance?

(32 Posts)
FunkinEll Thu 20-Apr-17 16:27:03

Whenever I go for a sniff around John Lewis fragrance section I always come away loving something and 90% of the time I come home and google and they are in the 'mens' range.

To be honest, I would buy but they're always way out of my budget.

So, if you do wear men's frangrance, do you get told you smell manly? grin

PaperdollCartoon Thu 20-Apr-17 16:30:52

My mum does because she prefers them, she's not a very flowery/girly person so they suit her.

Yep - usually Paul Smith. Have never been told that I smell 'manly' and don't particularly care if I do anyway!

Pooka Thu 20-Apr-17 16:34:42

I wear eau sauvage. It doesn't smell manly on me I don't think.

WhooooAmI24601 Thu 20-Apr-17 16:36:24

I wear Tom Ford's men's scents as they smell better on me than the women's ones. I also sometimes steal DH's scents as those are nicer on me than mine.

FunkinEll Thu 20-Apr-17 16:46:16

I love Tom Ford Grey Vertier, it's my favourite. I also much prefer the TF men's fragrances.

I also love Ermenegildo Zegna bergamot and that's what made me post. I was surprised it was classed as a male fragrance. I just assumed they were all unisex as there's no obvious reference to male/ female on the bottles, just websites naming it as such.

Haffiana Thu 20-Apr-17 17:49:48

Wear what you like. Most of the really 'high class' expensive perfumes are genuinely unisex and will give no clue as to what sex they are for. It is only marketing that makes a perfume appear masculine or feminine.

CantChoose Thu 20-Apr-17 17:51:44

I steal my OHs penhaligons scent but unfortunately it smells better on him than me tbh.

IvankaTrudeau Thu 20-Apr-17 17:51:52

I often prefer them.

Some brands like Le Labo (sold in Liberty's) are sold as unisex I think.

Gah81 Thu 20-Apr-17 17:51:52

I do. I love the male Dior range.

MrsDOnofrio Thu 20-Apr-17 17:58:39

I wear Pour Monsieur by Chanel. I would wear No.5 but it smells horrible on me sad

MusicToMyEars800 Thu 20-Apr-17 18:05:28

I love the Dior homme sport cologne, it smells gorgeous so fresh and it doesn't make me smell manly at all, I was the on that chose it for my OH and I pinch it all the time, but he also wears my perfumes sometimes grin

chocolatecheesecake Thu 20-Apr-17 21:39:00

I love acqua di Parma colonia cologne - citrusy and fresh with woody undertones

friendlyflicka Thu 20-Apr-17 22:01:33

I love Le Labo and also Commes des Garçon - very woody and incense like. I like chypre perfumes otherwise.

I don't like very old school 80s male perfumes though like Givenchy Gentlemen on either sex

CointreauVersial Thu 20-Apr-17 22:01:43

There's an increasing move towards unisex fragrance now - the rules about which notes are for men and which are for women has broken down to some extent, particularly where niche brands are concerned.

I probably prefer "men's" fragrances - more woody/spicy - and no-one has ever said I smell manly. Buy what you like.

I also love Grey Vetiver; beautiful stuff.

CointreauVersial Thu 20-Apr-17 22:02:37

Spicebomb is another "male" fragrance that I wear often.

terrylene Thu 20-Apr-17 22:04:45

My friend at (primary) school used to wear her dad's Old Spice grin

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Thu 20-Apr-17 22:10:23

A lot of women I know used to wear Brut, back in the day, so go for it!

pineappleeyes Thu 20-Apr-17 22:19:37

I used to wear acqua di gio by armani. my first boyf used to wear it and I loved it

Bisquitine Thu 20-Apr-17 22:47:37

I wear Spicebomb by Victor & Rolf which is gorgeous, the female version Flowerbomb is just too flowery for me. The bottle looks like a grenade though!

VintagePerfumista Fri 21-Apr-17 07:59:49

One of my favourite male scents is Guerlain Heritage. One of those fragrances that on first sniff made me go "wow!"

It was in a priest's bedroom, but that's another tale grin

DanceTheBlues Fri 21-Apr-17 08:34:31

I wear Dior Homme and Terre D'Hermes regularly. I absolutely love them! There are quite a few women's scents I enjoy wearing but I tend to gravitate towards the woody, spicy end of things.

HonorBright Fri 21-Apr-17 10:33:14

I regularly pinch DH's Prada Infusion d'Homme.

marthamydear Fri 21-Apr-17 13:21:17

I wear original Armani. It's called Armani and it was very popular in the late 80's early 90's. My first boyfriend used to wear it and I think it smells good

sonyaya Fri 21-Apr-17 13:23:08

I love the smell of cologne on men but I've never tried it on me.

Jo Malone employee tried to tell me their scents are unisex. I can't imagine them on a man!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now