Talk

Advanced search

Curl serum recommendations?

(9 Posts)
QueenRefusenik Thu 20-Apr-17 13:58:27

My beloved Twisted Sista curl serum was discontinued a while ago and though I stockpiled I'm now nearing the end of my last bottle sniff. I need recommendations for a replacement!

I scoured Boots recently and came out with Toni & Guy curl lock hair oil and Umberto Giannini curl serum, but neither really do much for me. John Frieda serum is OK at a pinch but nowhere near as good as Twisted Sista, and Elvive extraordinary oil does nothing for me. I currently use Tigi curls rock curl amplifier which is great but i need a serum too! Any suggestions? Or does anyone know of a curl cream/spray I won't need a serum with?

My hair is a short bob and at the wavy end of curly if that makes a difference.

BitchyInnerMonologue Thu 20-Apr-17 14:00:12

I like the Aussie Curl Define. I usually combine it with Toni & Guy Sea Salt spray. My hair is just below my jaw when straightened and slightly above when curly.

TheLongRider Thu 20-Apr-17 18:21:08

Redken's Curvaceous Swirl is my go to curly hair serum. Takes about two pumps to do collar length hair. It does smell a bit like shaving cream.

Mymothersdaughter Thu 20-Apr-17 18:26:27

I am a curl cream fiend and have tried loads of different ones from cheap to very expensive. I found this Asda one a while back, on my 3rd tube now (they're quite big). It works really well IMO and super cheap and don't need to trek to boots when I run out.

DaftSkunk Thu 20-Apr-17 19:00:27

Boots curl serum and pink curl creme.

Onynx Thu 20-Apr-17 19:04:26

Garnier ultimate blends sleek perfector oil& Revlon Curly Orbital. Tigi Curls Rock as a plan B but if I get the quantity wrong it makes my hair 'crispy'.

Artura Thu 20-Apr-17 20:31:27

Boots curl creme first then a little blob of umberto giannini curl jelly on wet hair. Scrunch a bit then dry naturally. My curls have been the best they've been in ages since I started using this combo smile

babybarrister Thu 20-Apr-17 20:42:04

Living proof also good

QueenRefusenik Fri 21-Apr-17 07:07:56

Ooh, some very interesting recommendations here! I'm going to have some (expensive, sigh) fun trying these! Thanks everyone, much appreciated!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now