We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Spring shoe dilemma

(4 Posts)
JemimaMuddledUp Thu 20-Apr-17 12:04:03

Please help!

Am on annual leave this week and have been sorting out my wardrobe. I really want to make the transition into more spring/summer workwear when I go back next week. I have several lovely wrap dresses which I would like to wear, plus cardigans to wear with them as it is still chilly. I am stumped by footwear though.

I've been wearing brogues all winter, with opaque tights and above the knee skirts/dresses. But as I bought my spring/summer dresses to wear with bare legs or very sheer tights they are a little bit longer and look really frumpy with brogues. I think I need a bit of a heel. Is it too early for sandals with a heel? What else would you suggest?

I have a £50 M&S voucher so anything from there would be ideal. But I also have Clarks and Next. I'd rather buy shoes from a physical shop rather than online as I have large, narrow feet and struggle to find something that fits.

JemimaMuddledUp Thu 20-Apr-17 12:06:09

So far I like these but don't know what to do re bare legs and open toes

NewPantsforaNewYear Thu 20-Apr-17 19:54:26

I'm afraid I can't help as I always have a problem with footwear in these transitional seasons.

I'm just bumping to see if anyone has any good suggestions

JemimaMuddledUp Thu 20-Apr-17 20:35:08

Thanks for the bump smile

I've ordered the sandals I linked to plus some closed toe espadrilles into store. Unbelievably M&S don't keep size 8s in stock! I like the idea of the closed toe espadrilles as I could wear tights with them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now