Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

My Bioré SPF 50+ has arrived & I am confused!

(26 Posts)
abigboydidit Thu 20-Apr-17 09:58:43

Ordered this on a bit of a whim months ago after reading a thread on here and had pretty much forgotten about it. It has just arrived and I realise now that I am not sure what stage I am meant to put it on confused I use a serum then moisturiser then foundation. Do I put it on after moisturiser or before? I am also worried about the "2014" bit - does that mean it's out of date? All help appreciated!

user1492232552 Thu 20-Apr-17 10:00:24

It has to go onto bare skin otherwise it's pointless. I believe sunscreen lasts 12 months from opening it.

abigboydidit Thu 20-Apr-17 10:01:12

So before serum then? Brilliant. Thank you. Just as well I checked blush

user1492232552 Thu 20-Apr-17 10:03:54

Definitely, on first. I can;t take any more once the sunscreen is on that's me done hence I bought a good one. Serum's etc just go on at night now.

TheSpottedZebra Thu 20-Apr-17 10:05:26

Oh really, I'm doing it wrong then!

So it's sunscreen then moisturiser then makeup if daily wear?

abigboydidit Thu 20-Apr-17 10:06:10

Oh - what one do you use user?

TheSpottedZebra Thu 20-Apr-17 10:06:11

For me I mean, if I choose to wear makeup.
It's obviously not a requirement.

ChocolateRaisin Thu 20-Apr-17 10:09:26

SPF on top of moisturiser, under make up.

user1492232552 Thu 20-Apr-17 10:14:26

Eve Lom is lovely, moisturising and SPF.
All the websites I've seen with advise on this subject says sunscreen unless it's first on is diluted and ineffective.

abigboydidit Thu 20-Apr-17 10:22:28

Now I am really confused confused

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.cosmopolitan.com/uk/beauty-hair/amp31525/what-order-apply-makeup-skincare/

Housewife2010 Thu 20-Apr-17 10:31:04

Serum, moisturiser then sunscreen. Paulas Choice website backs this up ((http://www.paulaschoice.com/expert-advice/sun-care/_/how-to-apply-sunscreen))

margaritasbythesea Thu 20-Apr-17 10:39:09

I do my rosacea medicine then moisturiser then sunscreen as advised by my dermatologist. Works for me and i am extremely sun sensitive. I can skip the moisturiser and just use the biore as long as i am not using the medication.

In general I think the rule is thinnest thing on first; thickest thing on last.

unicornhotel Thu 20-Apr-17 10:46:59

I do eye cream, serum, oil, sunscreen then moisturiser.
I got that routine from Caroline Hiron's blog.
I use the LRP Anthelios one, it's lovely.

mowglik Thu 20-Apr-17 14:33:16

Ive always done sunscreen after moisturiser but confused about whether sunscreen goes before primer or after <unhelpful>

Re the Biore tube thats the 2017 formula tube so def not out of date (previous versions are light blue)

IamNotDarling Thu 20-Apr-17 14:43:17

Chemical sunscreens (light fluids) first like biore and physical sunscreens (thicker creams) after lotions/serums/milks but before foundations.

Talisin Thu 20-Apr-17 14:46:26

Well I use that exact sunscreen and go serum, moisturiser, sunscreen, primer, foundation. Works for me.

shereebobbins Thu 20-Apr-17 14:49:58

Sunscreen last or just before makeup. That's what I do anyway.

abigboydidit Thu 20-Apr-17 14:51:20

Hmmm! All very confusing. Will splodge some out and see what the consistency is like.

Galla Thu 20-Apr-17 15:52:53

If you put sunscreen on first, wouldn't it effectively block anything else from sinking in, like serum or moisturiser?

JohnCheese Thu 20-Apr-17 18:23:43

If I'm using a chemical sunscreen, I put it on first step (before moisturiser and make up)
If I'm using a physical sunscreen, I put it on last step before make up (moisturiser, sunscreen makeup)

I don't use any other products but same rule for 10 products as for one product.

wickedfairy Thu 20-Apr-17 18:55:04

I use it and have always put it in after serum and moisturiser. Makeup on top.

I think that's right, putting serum on top means it wouldn't sink in...

fabuloussnowflake Thu 20-Apr-17 19:41:35

I received my Biore SPF today and it looks like this i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTUwMFgxMzM2/z/uWAAAOSw32lYqCOK/$_58.JPG though I am not sure it is the new version, can anybody assure me? Also, they say the new version is sweatproof? Any ideas about this? @botemp

fabuloussnowflake Thu 20-Apr-17 19:50:34

What confuses me even more: the 2017 version is supposed to contain titanium dioxide? I have tried the gel and it does not have a white cast, that's for sure. I am more worried for a friend who might have problems with sunscreens containing TiO2. Can anybody help me?

Nicketynac Thu 20-Apr-17 22:40:58

snowflake you have got Watery Gel. abigboy has bought Watery Essence. No idea about different ingredients but the gel has a thicker texture (reminds me of PVA glue from school, doesn't smell like it though). I prefer the essence for everyday wear under makeup but use the gel for running. Didn't know it was sweatproof but that makes sense in terms of texture.

fabuloussnowflake Fri 21-Apr-17 05:13:42

Oh, thank you, nicketynac smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: