Talk

Advanced search

Lunch at The Ritz.....what to wear?

(5 Posts)
Ilovespringandchocolate Thu 20-Apr-17 09:35:58

I've never been before. It says no jeans (obviously) We'll be there and around London during the day, so I don't want to go really dressed up or I'll feel like a twonk.

It will be early May, I could pray the weather will be nice and wear a summery dress with a smart blazer or something? But if it's cold and raining....?

I'm 29 and a size 6-8 for reference, any ideas? smile

2014newme Thu 20-Apr-17 09:37:20

Summer dress is fine take a jacket or cardigan.

FatGirlWithChocolate Thu 20-Apr-17 09:51:18

I wore a nice summery dress with a cardigan, posh shoes and handbag. Men have to wear jacket and tie. Nice place.

WhooooAmI24601 Thu 20-Apr-17 10:20:05

I wore Gap bi-stretch trousers, a pretty blouse and ballet pumps when we went last summer. Fitted in well though the youngest DC pooped in the loos and came back to the table and announced it to MIL (loudly enough for the chap on the next table to laugh like a drain). Savages.

Floisme Thu 20-Apr-17 10:29:33

Only been in the coffee / cocktail bar which is more relaxed (jeans allowed but no trainers). I had a nosey round and there were people in cocktail dresses (11.00am-ish) wedding outfits and smart business wear all coming for lunch. Decor is very OTT. If you like to dress up, this is your chance to really go for it. If you don't then a dress with jacket or cardi or smart trousers should fit in fine. Enjoy it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now