Talk

Advanced search

Stylish and flattering tennis wear

(4 Posts)
getdressednow Thu 20-Apr-17 08:23:54

I've been trawling websites without luck.
Much as I love a teeny, tiny skirt and racer back vest it wouldn't do me any favours.
I could do a skirt but not a bottom skimming one and how on earth do you wear a bra with racer back?
I'm usually an old shorts and faded polo type of player but it's time to smarten up a little. I'm very late 40s, size 12-14 with slim but veiny legs and a wobbly upper arm.

getdressednow Wed 26-Apr-17 20:52:52

Still on the quest if anyone can help?

nightswimming1 Wed 26-Apr-17 20:59:08

Sweaty Betty? All their bras are racer back for this reason!

IME tennis clothing is always hard to find. I find it best to find a store with plenty of options and try lots on. Online tennis wear is tricky to buy successfully I think.
I tend to buy tennis skirts and wear matching leggings underneath. With a standard rather than tennis specific sports top, usually racer back, underneath.
If you want a supportive racer back bra try the Panache sports bra. I have about four of those.
Sweaty Betty sells hardly any proper tennis clothing. No real tennis skirts for example. But their tops are fine for tennis. Nowadays very few clubs insist or even prefer 'whites'. I never wear whites.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now