Talk

Advanced search

Help me choose which Palmaira wedges for this summer please

(18 Posts)
CatsRidingRollercoasters Wed 19-Apr-17 23:50:59

I have 2 flat pairs of Palmairas de Menorca and they are the most wonderful and comfortable shoes I've ever owned. I wish I could wear them all year round and whip them out at the first whiff of spring.

I want to buy some wedge heeled ones but sadly can only afford one pair.

I can't decide which to go for. I'm a primary school teacher so need to be able to move fast without falling over, which rules out the really high ones. I also have 2 toddlers, so again, the ability to move speedily is very important.

I always wear skinny trousers or jeans, depending on if I'm at work or home. Sometimes I wear a skirt but my knees are awful so skirts have to hang below the knee. Flat shoes do me no favours in these circs, which is why I'm justifying more Palmairas.

I quite like these: https://palmairasandals.com/collections/wedges/products/mini-black-glitter-wedges

Are 7.5cm heels too high for work? https://palmairasandals.com/collections/wedges/products/metallic-copper-wedges

Are these too low and a bit odd looking, or are they lovely? https://palmairasandals.com/collections/wedges/products/black-nubuck-low-wedges

What do you think?

CatsRidingRollercoasters Wed 19-Apr-17 23:52:51

Oh drats, how do I make the links clickable?

EnidButton Thu 20-Apr-17 02:56:32

palmairasandals.com/collections/wedges/products/metallic-copper-wedges

palmairasandals.com/collections/wedges/products/black-nubuck-low-wedges

I don't think the black ones look odd. I like the look of the copper ones most but they don't look like they'd be as comfortable for quick moving around and standing all day.

Euphemia Thu 20-Apr-17 07:05:13

The first ones look quite high. I'm a teacher who loves a wedge - I'd go for the black ones.

Might wear my (flat!) Palmairas to school today ... grin

honeylou42 Thu 20-Apr-17 07:38:35

Love the gold ones smile

chloechloe Thu 20-Apr-17 09:17:47

I love the gold ones but the black don't look odd at all. Do they have the gold in the lower heel - I'm quite tempted myself!

Pre kids I lived in high wedges all summer. They are super comfy but because the sole is so rigid it's very easy to topple over on uneven ground or if moving quickly. So I would say the high ones probably aren't a good idea for chasing toddlers!

Talisin Thu 20-Apr-17 12:58:28

The plain black ones are very nice and not odd at all although the glitter ones have slightly more pizzaz. I adore the copper ones and am now mentally budgeting for them myself but not sure they'd be great if you're on your feet most of the day.

Anantara Thu 20-Apr-17 20:13:09

I like the black and m tempted myself - what's the sizing like? Sounds costly to buy and return as you pay both ways.

CatsRidingRollercoasters Thu 20-Apr-17 21:09:40

Thanks everyone!

I find the sizing quite accurate, maybe slightly generous. I'm a 7 in trainers, wellies etc, but sometimes need an 8 in ballet pumps and heels. In Palmairas a 7 fits nicely.

They seem to be a small company which I like. Last time I bought some the website wasn't taking orders for a few days because they were all off partying at a Spanish festival grin

Jellypudmum Fri 21-Apr-17 01:40:30

I have he copper onesand love them. Easy to dress up and down.

VintagePerfumista Fri 21-Apr-17 07:29:06

I love the black ones and might order them myself!

VintagePerfumista Fri 21-Apr-17 07:30:39

Do you get the 41 or the 42 OP? (sorry for cheeky hijack, I've been contemplating Palmairas for a few threads, depending on sizing, sometimes I'm a 41 shoe, sometimes a 41 is tight- but I read that Palmairas stretch?)

CatsRidingRollercoasters Fri 21-Apr-17 08:18:46

No problem! I get a 40. They fit quite snugly when they're brand new but the leather is so soft that they don't rub, and they stretch and mould to your feet.

I'll measure the length of mine if you like.

Ulysses Fri 21-Apr-17 08:19:56

I'm hankering after the copper Ines now. Very versatile.

CointreauVersial Fri 21-Apr-17 08:27:02

I like the look of those! I do have wide feet, though - bit worried I'd never get them on.

I'm normally 6.5 in wide fit shoes, or 7 if not. Judging by what you say on sizing, I'd be better off with a 6/39.....or 40....??

Paintbox Fri 21-Apr-17 08:32:48

I've got some of these, and also wide feet. Whilst they are fairly comfy, they are too narrow for me and have not stretched enough for my feet. I would say they're not the best shoes for wide feet, I can't wear mine for loads of walking

Talisin Mon 24-Apr-17 13:12:30

So I caved and got the copper wedges, they arrived this morning. I'm a moderately wide fitting 41 and bought the 41s. The length is right and although my little toes are a bit squashed right now they are less so than when I put them on half an hour ago so hopefully wearing them around the house will stretch them enough.

They are gorgeous BTW! Hopefully they should work as a neutral in place of tan sandals this year. Oh and they don't feel at all high so I'd be quite happy to wear them all day in that sense.

Sheusedtobesomeonelse Mon 24-Apr-17 14:10:58

I love these sandals, am tempted! Never seen these before with a heel, the tan look very versatile... temptation..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now