Talk

Advanced search

Keratin hair treatment

(5 Posts)
Wakemeupbeforeyougogo Wed 19-Apr-17 22:00:17

Just wondering if anyone has had this? I have long hair which is wavy/frizzy and I dye it dark to cover the grey at my roots.
Just really wondering if anyone has had this done and if it's work the money?

BernieKosar Wed 19-Apr-17 22:07:07

I had this done and it was worth every penny. Lasted about 6 months and really helped me get my hair back into condition after bleach damage.

Normally I have neither straight nor curly hair that has strong kinks and cows licks and a tendancy to frizz in humid weather. With the Keratin, it was straight and smooth and didn't need blow-drying to look good.

The only thing I didn't like was the smell. I had to leave the treatment on for a few days and ended up taking leave from work as the smell was so bad. The shampoo I was given smelled just as bad; I just couldn't use it.

If I had the money I would definitely do it again.

user1492232552 Thu 20-Apr-17 00:40:30

It didn't work on my hair and the condition was so bad afterwards - wasn't great to start to be fair - but hair started snapping off, that bad.

allthingslipsticks Thu 20-Apr-17 11:42:45

It's changed my life! The more you do the treatment, the longer it lasts in my experience.

I'd find a salon which offers the newer formula treatments which allow you to wash your hair the next day and are formaldehyde free. You also won't have to put up with the smell that one of the others mentioned before. Groupon do some good deals on these from time to time.

Heatherbell1978 Thu 20-Apr-17 12:01:44

Yes definitely worth the money. Before my 2 DCs I got these done all the time and have probably tried most on the market. But contrary to what pp said, I found the ones that you had to keep in for 2/3 days and were more potent worked the best, the ones that were washed out in the salon barely made a difference for my hair. But I have very thick, frizzy, non-porous hair. So if your hair is very unmanageable, I'd spend the extra rather than the cheaper Groupon type ones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now