Talk

Advanced search

Hair products for sensitive skin

(2 Posts)
CakeThat Wed 19-Apr-17 21:50:32

I have problems with rosacea/acne and over the years through trial and error I have realised that some hair products, particularly the heavily scented ones, affect my skin, giving pimples and a burning sensation on my face. I can control it by just using my usual shampoo and conditioner and a fragrance free hairspray. Problem is that my hair is mega frizzy. On a particularly bad hair day recently I bought some Tresemme leave in keratin conditioner which I used last night. Today my hair looked fabulous, the best hair day I've had in ages and it was much easier to style. However my cheeks have been burning this afternoon and my skin is breaking out already. Can anyone recommend a product to tame my hair, such as a rich leave in conditioner to tame frizz and dryness, which doesn't affect skin, thanks x

ppeatfruit Thu 20-Apr-17 09:10:16

Have you tried pre shampooing treatments like light, organic almond oil?

I always use products without any horrible additions (you have to read the labels, so many of the so called 'natural ' ones are anything BUT natural!) I use lovely products by a firm called Mistry, they are so natural , they make conditioners too and are not expensive.

I also use Weleda products (the baby range ) it's amazing for treating redness and spots etc.

You could also try taking evening primrose oil and or borage oil. Those have omega 3 oils in them which are brilliant for redness .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now